ghost stories - Page 9 - JarrowLife.co.uk - Community Forum for Jarrow, Fellgate & Hedworth
JarrowLife.co.uk - Connecting the people of Jarrow Jarrow montage - past & present

Go Back   JarrowLife.co.uk - Community Forum for Jarrow, Fellgate & Hedworth > General Discussions > General Chit Chat
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

General Chit Chat Have a chit chat about anything that takes your fancy

Old 04 Nov 10
crazy horse is sioux sioux.
God Like

My Mood:
crazy horse is on a distinguished road
Re: ghost stories

pauline m so sorry to have frightened the life out of you,but it didnt stop you using my loopoetry or what
Old 05 Nov 10
Jade is fine
God Like

My Mood:
Jade is on a distinguished road

I used to work in the Lookout Inn at the top of Fort Street, South Shields, way back in 1966. One Friday day shift I was serving one of the regulars and from where I was positioned I saw a movement from the right of me, turned for a second and saw someone walking down the living quarter's stairs, then when I heard them opening the snug door I fully turned to look and saw my boss's son dressed in Roman armour with a sword held to his chest. I laughed and said 'where you going? but he just ignored me and I just went 'Ooooo'. He stopped, opened the hatch and went down the stairs into the cellar. About ten minutes later I heard his mam shouting for him so I shouted up that he was in the cellar. 'No, I'm not. I'm in the bathroom' was his rely from upstairs. I kicked the cellar hatch shut! Some of the regulars said that they often saw one, two or three Roman soldiers around the pub at different times.
Old 05 Nov 10
Donna Kebab is Here and now!

Donna Kebab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanii View Post
I used to work in the Lookout Inn at the top of Fort Street, South Shields, way back in 1966. One Friday day shift I was serving one of the regulars and from where I was positioned I saw a movement from the right of me, turned for a second and saw someone walking down the living quarter's stairs, then when I heard them opening the snug door I fully turned to look and saw my boss's son dressed in Roman armour with a sword held to his chest. I laughed and said 'where you going? but he just ignored me and I just went 'Ooooo'. He stopped, opened the hatch and went down the stairs into the cellar. About ten minutes later I heard his mam shouting for him so I shouted up that he was in the cellar. 'No, I'm not. I'm in the bathroom' was his rely from upstairs. I kicked the cellar hatch shut! Some of the regulars said that they often saw one, two or three Roman soldiers around the pub at different times.
Quality tale that Joan
Old 21 Nov 10
Jade is fine
God Like

My Mood:

I loved the people that lived on the Lawe Top and after working at the Look Out Inn for a year, I moved into Fort Street. I had a great group of friends and once a week we met at each other's homes for a meal and drink. We also, played games like monopoly, kerplunk, charades and more. We were at a friend's in Roman Road one week and three of us got knocked out quickly, in a game of Monopoly. The husbands were bickering about a darts match so we went into the front room for a bit peace. Ann pulled the curtain aside, grinning and told us she often looked at the scenery indicating for us to look out of the window. It was about ten at night.There was a lot of hustle and bustle going on over the road as there was a lot of people on the old fort site. 'You didn't tell us there was a fancy dress party, tonight'. This was Hilda. 'There isn't. What you see are ghosts.' Hilda was out of there like a shot with hubby chasing down the street after her. Meanwhile I was looking at Ann, shaking my head while she was looking back, grinning and nodding. The scene lasted for about 5 minutes and Ann said that it could be seen at least three times a week.
Old 21 Nov 10
God Like

My Mood:

joanii,loved that one, does it still occur do you know
Old 22 Nov 10
Jade is fine
God Like

My Mood:

crazy horse, up until the late 90's I kept in touch with a lot of people who still lived on the Lawe Top and it was still going on then. The locals got used to strange happenings.
Old 23 Nov 10
God Like

My Mood:

cheers joanni,glad to hear it may still be going on
Old 23 Nov 10
hartmann
hartmann has no status. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanii View Post
I loved the people that lived on the Lawe Top and after working at the Look Out Inn for a year, I moved into Fort Street. I had a great group of friends and once a week we met at each other's homes for a meal and drink. We also, played games like monopoly, kerplunk, charades and more. We were at a friend's in Roman Road one week and three of us got knocked out quickly, in a game of Monopoly. The husbands were bickering about a darts match so we went into the front room for a bit peace. Ann pulled the curtain aside, grinning and told us she often looked at the scenery indicating for us to look out of the window. It was about ten at night.There was a lot of hustle and bustle going on over the road as there was a lot of people on the old fort site. 'You didn't tell us there was a fancy dress party, tonight'. This was Hilda. 'There isn't. What you see are ghosts.' Hilda was out of there like a shot with hubby chasing down the street after her. Meanwhile I was looking at Ann, shaking my head while she was looking back, grinning and nodding. The scene lasted for about 5 minutes and Ann said that it could be seen at least three times a week.
That's interesting I belong to the Lawe Top. I lived in Roman Road. Moved there in 1954. Many of our neighbors were famous people. . My wife and I were regulars in the Look Out in the late 1980s until our daughter was born in 1994. We were going to move into a large house in Greens Place, the three story with attics, but got 'gazumped'
Old 24 Nov 10
Jade is fine
God Like

My Mood:

crazy horse, I was just talking to an old friend of mine who lived at a few addresses on the Lawe top and she informed me that there has been dozens of sightings going back years and years in that area and in later years, investigated and recorded. She is going to try to find out more and get back in touch with me.
Old 24 Nov 10
colin has no status.
Super Posting Member

My Mood:
colin is on a distinguished road

I'm not saying I'm the toughest bloke in the world, but there is only one thing that I am really frightend of, and thats the DARK! But even though I don't believe in ghosts, I think it would be great to have an experience that I couldn't explain. Mind you I wouldn't spend a night in Ellison hall in Hebburn.