Jarrow Life

Full Version: Alan Price
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[WIKI]Alan_Price[/WIKI]
Source: Wikipedia.org
Alan Price at Jarrow Grammar School. Top row 4th from right.

[ATTACH]36[/ATTACH]
jarraman Wrote:Alan Price at Jarrow Grammar School. Top row 4th from right.

[ATTACH]36[/ATTACH]

:thumb:Thats a great school photo you posted jarraman, a few more like that one will be great for the site. I wonder if any others shown will come on and post a message ....cheers CaitSmile
This is my one claim to fame. In the 60's my cousins band, The Stormers, were on the same bill as The Alan Pice Band in Sunderland & they offered to take his Hammond organ there from the Club A Go Go in Newcastle. I went along & helped carry his organ to the van. I don't know if any one here knows him but my cousin Mick Golden (Micky G) played bass for the Stormers, he died in March 2009 of cancer.
Alan Price
Son of John George and Elizabeth Price (nee Gowens) who married 1935 in South Shields
(John George Price born 1904 in Sunderland - Elizabeth Gowens born 1912 in Jarrow)
His father died about 1947 in an industrial accident
In 1947 Alan, his mother Elizabeth and older brother John George (born 1937 in South Shields) moved to their maternal grandmothers house Margaret Gowens at 21 Grange Road West in Jarrow
His brother John George Price married Ann Heywood in 1960
His mother Elizabeth died 1965

Now I just remember Alan Price in the early 60s when he was living Russel Street? or was it Stothard Street? in Jarrow
With whom I was always led to believe was his stepfather John Price?
So the John Price must of been his older brother?

If your looking in Alan - please excuse my ignorance if I still have it wrong ...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdPQp6Jcdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWl1Tceg850
Just Passing Wrote:Alan Price
Son of John George and Elizabeth Price (nee Gowens) who married 1935 in South Shields
(John George Price born 1904 in Sunderland - Elizabeth Gowens born 1912 in Jarrow)
His father died about 1947 in an industrial accident
In 1947 Alan, his mother Elizabeth and older brother John George (born 1937 in South Shields) moved to their maternal grandmothers house Margaret Gowens at 21 Grange Road West in Jarrow
His brother John George Price married Ann Heywood in 1960
His mother Elizabeth died 1965

Now I just remember Alan Price in the early 60s when he was living Russel Street? or was it Stothard Street? in Jarrow
With whom I was always led to believe was his stepfather John Price?
So the John Price must of been his older brother?

If your looking in Alan - please excuse my ignorance if I still have it wrong ...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdPQp6Jcdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWl1Tceg850

You are right it was Russel street. His step father was call John Ross, and is still alive, he will be 102 years old in october.
Mary Wrote:You are right it was Russel street. His step father was call John Ross, and is still alive, he will be 102 years old in october.

So it was his stepfather
And his name was John Ross
Living Russel Street (I still get mixed up with them streets)
So this is the marriage here (ones her former name, and others maiden name)
Marriage
1953 - 2 records found

John ROSS Spouse: Elizabeth PRICE Date: 26/06/1953
John ROSS Spouse: Elizabeth GOWENS Date: 26/06/1953
His stepfather is 102
Well good on him
[ATTACH]653[/ATTACH]

Does anyone recognise this couple? Don't want to say why at the moment but it may relate to this thread.
Don't know who the couple is but did anybody take in the Eric Burdon/ Animals concert recently at the Academy. I wasn't able to make the gig but Burdon gave several media interviews after a night on the quayside and fish and chips at Colmans. He is very embittered that Alan Price claimed all royalties to original Animals records and slagged off the north-east saying the climate is responsible for his asthma and he's much better off in California. I was wondering how the gig went as there was no mention in the press. Beckstevieb
beckstevieb Wrote:Don't know who the couple is but did anybody take in the Eric Burdon/ Animals concert recently at the Academy. I wasn't able to make the gig but Burdon gave several media interviews after a night on the quayside and fish and chips at Colmans. He is very embittered that Alan Price claimed all royalties to original Animals records and slagged off the north-east saying the climate is responsible for his asthma and he's much better off in California. I was wondering how the gig went as there was no mention in the press. Beckstevieb

California or Jarra, i know where i would rather be, JARRA.
Pages: 1 2 3