wildlife pics.
Did you know there is an official cull of the Grey Squirell at the moment.  Apparently they pass on a type of Pox to our native Red. 
(18 Apr 15, 5:25 PM)jarraman Wrote:  Did you know there is an official cull of the Grey Squirell at the moment.  Apparently they pass on a type of Pox to our native Red. 

Yes I know,There was also an article on T.V about It and someone Is making squirrel pie...It's supposed to be nice and tasty as well.....I'd give It a try.. Big Grin
(18 Apr 15, 5:48 PM)fisherman Wrote:  
(18 Apr 15, 5:25 PM)jarraman Wrote:  Did you know there is an official cull of the Grey Squirell at the moment.  Apparently they pass on a type of Pox to our native Red. 

Yes I know,There was also an article on T.V about It and someone Is making squirrel pie...It's supposed to be nice and tasty as well.....I'd give It a try.. Big Grin

They do squirrell burgers at Gibside.Never had one but if I get the chance I'll try one and squirrell pie.They've been culling greys for a while now.They're trapped and humanely put to sleep.

Count me out of your squirrel pie, nice to look at but wouldn't fancy eating them, my son laughs. At me   and  has me on by saying they are rats with bushy tails  I did see the program on t.v. When they made the pie but no thanks it's not my idea of good food. 
Couple of pic's from along River Don this morning....1st Pic Is of one of the 3 Cygnets...Pic 3..Female Blackcap..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)