trying tofind
fisherman Wrote:I've had a request from a friend looking for someone with the surname's of McCouat and also the name Dingwall,I'm sorry I haven't got any christian names yet,I'll post as soon as I get any more Info.I seem to remember reading somewhere a Dingwall running a pub In Jarrow,But I can't recall where I seen this.......Anyone help..Smile

Dingwall. Durham results.
Births 272, 1845-2006.
Marriages. 133, 1839-2005.
Deaths. 115, 1842-2005.

Just to let you know. What's about.

McCouats.

Still searching this name, mainly Scottish, found a few in England, but more searching required.
Sapper Wrote:Dingwall. Durham results.
Births 272, 1845-2006.
Marriages. 133, 1839-2005.
Deaths. 115, 1842-2005.

Just to let you know. What's about.

McCouats.

Still searching this name, mainly Scottish, found a few in England, but more searching required.
Thank's for that Sapper,As I said on my post I'm waiting for reply regarding christian name's....Thank's Again..
Vince Dingwall used to run the Alison Arms in the early 80s.

Think he has a son still living in Jarrow.
jarraman Wrote:Vince Dingwall used to run the Alison Arms in the early 80s.

Think he has a son still living in Jarrow.
Yes.I remember Vince,The name that I seem to remember being mentioned was a woman running a pub,Wonder If It could of been his Mam because It was quite a while ago.I'm waiting for more Info from the lady that contacted me regarding this.
I am upon ken Goss and I lived near the Walker family in Lumley Tce, unfortunately I haven't seen Johnny Walker since I got married and left the street in 1964.
I worked with Bede Walker many times over the years but sadly Bede died in
2000. I will ask around to try and find more about Johnny
Hope that this helps.
Kenny, is that you on the st bedes football and athletics team photo.

Welcome to the site.
Hi, I think that the Goss on the football and athletics teams could have been one of my cousins,possibly Tommy.It would certainly be a relative as all the Goss families in Jarrow are related.
Regards Kennyg.
Kenny, the Goss on the photos lived on Lumley Tce. He had a sister called Pat.
Hi Jarraman,Pat has 2 brothers, Gerard and Peter, Gerard was well known as a boxer when he was young and Peter was a footballer when he was at St Bede's ' school.
Kennyg
mrniel2010 Wrote:hi pat thanks ever so much for your reply.its actually my dad that lived at 33 hes not very good on computers so im trying to find stuff out for him. he wasnt adopted so much as taken in by his gran,elizabeth. he knows his mums name was olive davis ,and has been told it was his fathers mum who took him in,we havnt a clue what happened to his father(george walker),although we are not sure thats true either,a lot was kept from him as a child and from what he tells me it wasnt the done thing to question your elders so he left with little knowledge of his background.hes had bits of imformation and now im finally hooked up to the net i thought id try and find anything that could help him.

p.s. not too handy on a keyboard myself yet,so forgive the grammer.look forward to hearing from you.

Can you give me the date of birth of your father. I might be able to trace hisbirth etc.