trying tofind
hi,am wondering if anyone remembers johnny walker,who lived at 33 lumley terrace,primrose estate,from 1944 till 1960. lived with his nan ,elizabeth ann walker,went to st.bedes school,harold street? i am now 66 and still trying to find who my mother and father were.if anybody can help it would be appreciated.

my best mate growing up was angus black,who now lives in south africa.
hi mrniel2010
I didn't know that area very well but you are bound to find members who do ... Wink I'm sure you'll get a positive reply so this is just to wish you all the best in your search WinkWinkWinkSmile
just wanted to say thanks for your kind words.
I know the family who used to live at 45, many moons ago! When I next get in touch with her, I'll ask her for you.
Are you adopted? If so, you should be able to get your original birth certificate. I got mine.
hi pat thanks ever so much for your reply.its actually my dad that lived at 33 hes not very good on computers so im trying to find stuff out for him. he wasnt adopted so much as taken in by his gran,elizabeth. he knows his mums name was olive davis ,and has been told it was his fathers mum who took him in,we havnt a clue what happened to his father(george walker),although we are not sure thats true either,a lot was kept from him as a child and from what he tells me it wasnt the done thing to question your elders so he left with little knowledge of his background.hes had bits of imformation and now im finally hooked up to the net i thought id try and find anything that could help him.

p.s. not too handy on a keyboard myself yet,so forgive the grammer.look forward to hearing from you.
Hi mrneil2010 I was born & raised in langley tce. I remember your mate angus black, if my memory serves me right there family live in the circle. I was known as Jimmy Carrah that's short for Carrahar. My best mate at that time was Derrick Patterson. I remember a girl called Moira Walker i am sure lived in lumley tce. Theres a lad called Vin Goss who lived in lumley tce, I dont know if he still lives there, he is a member of the Jarrow & Hebburn Historical Society.If you could get in touch with him he may shed some light for you.

Good Luck
Slight correction to the previous post its Ken Goss not Vin.
TobyLite Wrote:Slight correction to the previous post its Ken Goss not Vin.
I've met Ken a couple of time's and I'm sure he'll help If he can.
mrniel2010 Wrote:hi,am wondering if anyone remembers johnny walker,who lived at 33 lumley terrace,primrose estate,from 1944 till 1960. lived with his nan ,elizabeth ann walker,went to st.bedes school,harold street? i am now 66 and still trying to find who my mother and father were.if anybody can help it would be appreciated.

my best mate growing up was angus black,who now lives in south africa.
hi and welcome to the site i am glad your helping your dad.we had a phone call from john last saturday when i told him about jarrow life.. hope this helps him.....good luck!
thanks for your replies everyone.To fisherman & tobylite ,could i ask if either of you have any details of how to contact ken? goss, i have tried looking for jarrow & hebburn historical society ,but no joy.

im still pretty much an amatuer at this and the going is pretty slow.

can i also ask if anyone remembers a sanitorium(or convalescent home) in jarrow,i found out my dads mum,olive davis &her newborn son david, died of tuberculosis, and that she may have spent time in one. were there any near to lumley terrace or surrounding areas. this would have been around 1945,my dad was 18months old.

Olive may have had the surname:walker, or davis.
we have been told that she may have married george walker,& this may have been why he ended up with elizabeth ann walker raising him.

very sorry to prattle on about this, its like looking for a needle in a haystack and just when you think you are getting somewhere you hit a wall.im gutted for my dad,having to continually ask him questions is quite upsetting for us both,but i will keep on trying and would realy like to thank all at jarrow life for your help and friendliness towards us,and if anyone could put me in touch with mr Goss we would be very greatful.