school records
Is there a records office that keeps names and dates of schools attended ....just trying to trace name of school and dates attended for my family scrapbook...the school was/is in boldon colliery, it would have been primary school, and the years are approx. 1963 ish? hedworth rings a bell and a wooden floor that was polished slippery as hell lol....any help greatly appreciated.
I'm not an expert but don't think Hedworthfield was open in that year. Look at some of the albums.
ok will do that, thanks.
Hedworth lane ?
it may have been hedworth lane
Hi my wife June Nichols was at the school opp the Church on hedworth lane up to 1956 Mel T
Yes I have now been able to confirm that my first school up there was Headworth Lane....I was born in 1957 so am not sure which year I would have gone there, I cant remember what age we started school back then?...does anyone remember any details about the school? just things that may job more of my memory I would really appreciate.
exjarralass Wrote:Yes I have now been able to confirm that my first school up there was Headworth Lane....I was born in 1957 so am not sure which year I would have gone there, I cant remember what age we started school back then?...does anyone remember any details about the school? just things that may job more of my memory I would really appreciate.
I would think you would of started school about 1962...Smile..
Hi my wife thinks a mister King was the head teacher theres a Boldon Book with lots of info in it Mel T
I don't suppose you have name/details of that book? I would like to get a look at it. And thankyou for your input Mel T....and all others.