queens road
Chunkie Wrote:The only crisps I remember from the 60's were Tudor Crisps. Ate allot of them from the off licenece on Edinburgh Road!
I also remember Tudor crisps Chunkie as well as Smith's (salt & shake with the little blue bag of salt) & XL which were cheaper. XL barbeque flavour were to die for Big GrinBig Grin
Here's a couple of TV Adverts:
R E Spoors were "fried Fish dealers" at 32 Queens Road according to the Ward's directory mentioned in "Ward's" post.
thanks pronto we lived opposite spoors but i wish someone could find reavleys i will try directories
Huggis Wrote:I thought that Reavelys was behind/near the Christ Church rectory not far from the station stairs...

The Ward's Directory 1936 shows Reavely's address as 4 Russel St under Mineral Water Manufacturers
thanks paulinem i will phone my sis tomorrow and ask her again she's normally very good on memory
Reavleys was in St Kildas in Wear st.
http://www.donmouth.co.uk/local_history/presbyterians/presbyterian_jarrow.html

does anyone remember the monkey someone had in queens rd apparently someone brought it back from overseas. it used to sit on a swing on the back yard gate back lane of queens road.
lizzy1841 Wrote:does anyone remember the monkey someone had in queens rd apparently someone brought it back from overseas. it used to sit on a swing on the back yard gate back lane of queens road.
Funnily enough someone has just mentioned that to me last week or so,If I remember who It was I'll see If they remember who brought It back etc.etc.
thanks fisherman it was quite a big monkey all us kids used to play with it ,I'm glad you heard about it i thought people would think i was making it up,i will phone sis tomorrow she will know whose monkey it was.
Where was the Monkey bar in Jarrow.My Dad mentioned it a couple of times but he said what pub it was.