queens road
Mrs (or Granny as we children called her) Spoors and her son Billy moved in 261 Newcastle Road. I always thought Reavleys pop factory was always by the hospital. First anyone had mentioned it was in Queens Road. learn something new everyday.
I knew her, My grandparents lived at 257 Newcastle Road before that during the war until the 50's they lived in Queens Road and before that 2 Short Row.
lizzy1841 Wrote:were we lived at 59 queens road was opposite to reavleys pop factory and spoors fish chip shop
my nana and granda lived in old queens road but am not sure what number.they were called annie and george strand my nanas maiden name was glendinning.
pronto105 Wrote:Mrs (or Granny as we children called her) Spoors and her son Billy moved in 261 Newcastle Road. I always thought Reavleys pop factory was always by the hospital. First anyone had mentioned it was in Queens Road. learn something new everyday.
I thought that Reavelys was behind/near the Christ Church rectory not far from the station stairs...
i hope my info was right about reavleys i was very young but remember a factory opposite us in queens rd my older sister said it was reavleys maybe someone has information on it.i was born there in 47
lizzy1841 Wrote:i hope my info was right about reavleys i was very young but remember a factory opposite us in queens rd my older sister said it was reavleys maybe someone has information on it.i was born there in 47
Was It not a crisp factory you remember...
fisherman Wrote:Was It not a crisp factory you remember...

I remember Reavelys pop waggons being parked near the Sea Cadet place opposite the gasometer? But that was after Queens Road had been demolished. I have a photo somewhere taken in the late eighties of a reunion of people that lived in Queens Road with me mam and Gran on it!
:peep:
i know there was crisp factory called lambs,my nanna worked there i will check again with my sis about reavleys
Huggis Wrote:I thought that Reavelys was behind/near the Christ Church rectory not far from the station stairs...
It was in Wear st I think near Palmers hospital.

lizzy1841 Wrote:i know there was crisp factory called lambs,my nanna worked there i will check again with my sis about reavleys

The only crisps I remember from the 60's were Tudor Crisps. Ate allot of them from the off licenece on Edinburgh Road!