queens road
hi has anyone got any photos of old queens rd would love to see it
Which one Lizzy?
didn't realise there was more than one we lived queens rd jarrow 24 or 26 also opposite in some passage i will ask ann scott she will know thanks
Some were demolished in the slum clearance and rebuilt
I have it Lizzy. I'll email it to you.
i would like to see the original old Queens Road, the one before WW2 if any exist.
yes me too pronto we lived there till it was pulled down we walked to primrose with a cart with our possessions on up past cemetery bank to lanark drive .my nanna didn't want to go and said she wouldn't live in a house with electricity, it wasagood while before we were allowed to switch the lights on she was terrified of it,and if there ever was a thunderstorm everything got switched off the mirrors turned to the wall knifes forks put in drawer then we would sit under the table till it was safe to come out happy days
We moved from 74 Queens Road to Newcastle Road on the 30th June 1954. Most of the neighbours from Queens Road moved up at the same time and became "new" neighbours. Some of them are still with me as neighbours. Seems to have been policy to move whole sections en-bloc.
we lived at 59 queens rd i think maybe we moved about 1952 or 1953 as i started school at simonside for first times i must have been about 5
were we lived at 59 queens road was opposite to reavleys pop factory and spoors fish chip shop