problems with site
(19 May 14, 9:21 PM)davy Wrote:  
(18 May 14, 3:32 PM)jarraman Wrote:  All going to be sorted shortly. Be patient and happy. Big Grin
OK Jarraman thanks.

What a relief:
seriously getting up tight with the presentation--spammers -- not user friendly-----prefer K I S S----layout appears to be complicated---just DO NOT LIKE USING INTERFACE
(04 Jun 14, 2:24 PM)pronto105 Wrote:  seriously getting up tight with the presentation--spammers -- not user friendly-----prefer K I S S----layout appears to be complicated---just DO NOT LIKE USING INTERFACE

Totally agree with you Pronto, I get up tight some time trying to negosiate this new format. I prefered the old way and I seem to end up reading the same POSTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTILL i GET SICK AND JUST LOG OUT.
(14 Jun 14, 6:13 PM)Mary Wrote:  
(04 Jun 14, 2:24 PM)pronto105 Wrote:  seriously getting up tight with the presentation--spammers -- not user friendly-----prefer K I S S----layout appears to be complicated---just DO NOT LIKE USING INTERFACE

Totally agree with you Pronto, I get up tight some time trying to negosiate this new format. I prefered the old way and I seem to end up reading the same POSTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTILL i GET SICK AND JUST LOG OUT.
Come on Mary,You'll get the hang of the new set up,If I can manage It anyone can..Big Grin
I agree, the site looks a bit overcrowded with info at the moment but as time goes by it will look better. Admin is still waiting for replies to what changes he needs to make.

The problem was it HAD to change. There was no choice.

With input off all members most of the problems will be overcome and we can be back to a very user friendly Jarrow website.

Come on.... report what changes you would like.
(14 Jun 14, 8:20 PM)jarraman Wrote:  I agree, the site looks a bit overcrowded with info at the moment but as time goes by it will look better. Admin is still waiting for replies to what changes he needs to make.

With input off all members most of the problems will be overcome and we can be back to a very user friendly Jarrow website.

dont like these panels------whole display looks overcomplicated and confusing-- I don't seem to be able to keep on track with contributions or input---cluttered with smilies which most people won't use-----too many options for formatting font----KISS Keep It Simple ---been flying computers and systems for over 30 years and just DO NOT LIKE the presentation package (just personal ugh)
(14 Jun 14, 11:35 PM)pronto105 Wrote:  
(14 Jun 14, 8:20 PM)jarraman Wrote:  I agree, the site looks a bit overcrowded with info at the moment but as time goes by it will look better. Admin is still waiting for replies to what changes he needs to make.

dont like these panels------whole display looks overcomplicated and confusing-- I don't seem to be able to keep on track with contributions or input---cluttered with smilies which most people won't use-----too many options for formatting font----KISS Keep It Simple ---been flying computers and systems for over 30 years and just DO NOT LIKE the presentation package (just personal ugh)
I see there's lot's of spammer's still getting on,anyway of stopping them...
(02 Jul 14, 12:00 AM)jarraman Wrote:  I used to be able to block them but not able to anymore.
Yes, and you done a good job looking out for them,let's hope admin come's up with something.....
(02 Jul 14, 12:00 AM)jarraman Wrote:  I used to be able to block them but not able to anymore.

Didn't realise you were'nt a moderator jarraman, dam migration! Just made you a moderator so now you have the power!!!
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Quote:I see there's lot's of spammer's still getting on,anyway of stopping them...

If you spot what looks like a span post then please click the 'Report' button. This will notify me and I can then delete the post\user.

I'm looking at plugins to help stop spammers registering with the site.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.