problems with site
finally found how to get into this site, but only with the help of fisherman, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms I DO NOT LIKE IT. IF ITS NOT BROKE DON,T FIX IT. Huh
(24 May 14, 4:14 PM)Mary Wrote:  finally found how to get into this site, but only with the help of fisherman, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms I DO NOT LIKE IT. IF ITS NOT BROKE DON,T FIX IT. Huh

Absolutely Mary. I suppose there must be a reason for change
but it's quite beyond me[/b]
I've tried to contact Letmein5 via Private Message,I can't send It as It say's he has reached his quota,Anyone know anything about this...
(24 May 14, 4:14 PM)Mary Wrote:  finally found how to get into this site, but only with the help of fisherman, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms I DO NOT LIKE IT. IF ITS NOT BROKE DON,T FIX IT. Huh

The old site was running on unsupported software and an upgrade would've cost £200. Plus the newer version has a bad name.

I needed to move as things on the old site were beginning to break as the components became out dated (against server updates).

The site now runs on myBB which is open source (free), well supported with plenty of ongoing development.

I did like the look & feel of the old site but it was beginning to break and £200 wasn't worth the new version.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
(26 May 14, 8:18 PM)fisherman Wrote:  I've tried to contact Letmein5 via Private Message,I can't send It as It say's he has reached his quota,Anyone know anything about this...

The default max was 200, I've increased this to 2,000.
(24 May 14, 3:47 PM)jarraman Wrote:  All the photographs on the other site, will they be transferred here or do users have to upload them again?

I have them backed up, just need to figure out how to convert them for useage on this site (I'll get there Wink).

I am trying to encourage user to post their future pics in the galleries. Photos are much easier to find and comment on there.
(26 May 14, 8:38 PM)Admin Wrote:  
(26 May 14, 8:18 PM)fisherman Wrote:  I've tried to contact Letmein5 via Private Message,I can't send It as It say's he has reached his quota,Anyone know anything about this...

The default max was 200, I've increased this to 2,000.
Thank's for that Admin.....
Am I the only one who has problem opening images? Each time I click on a JPG entry I get blank screen with notification at top "The image <address> cannot be displayed because it contains errors". Please help somebody. Ta!
I have the same problem and also if i double click onto a photo, it asks me to log in again when i am already logged in
(03 Jun 14, 10:06 AM)Marktwo Wrote:  Am I the only one who has problem opening images? Each time I click on a JPG entry I get blank screen with notification at top "The image <address> cannot be displayed because it contains errors". Please help somebody. Ta!

As per the notice on the front page....

Quote:I haven't yet been able to restore the images in posts but please bear with me whilst I work on this

I'm hoping to find time to have a got at converting the images this weekend.