old jarrow video on youtube
The bike at the end of the film get's my vote,I think It must of been The First Chopper Bike,Well done to the young lad,I bet he looked all over the place just to find the wheel to put on the front of his bike.
Teeny Wrote:Hi Pauline, think that would have been camping equipment on the truck. I just loved the little one taking a bow. Teeny
Thanks Teeny Smile
Do you know when this Video will be available to buy?
fantastic film thanks for sharing it ....bundy
pat and mary i went to the huts we danced at st matthews garden party it was a great family day if you won a prize it was even better......bundy
thanks a great video, iwent to the huts and won a prize at the garden party a small rose bowl igave to my mam i still have it sixty years on happy days chaflaSmile
bundy Wrote:pat and mary i went to the huts we danced at st matthews garden party it was a great family day if you won a prize it was even better......bundy

Were you ever in Miss Finnigan's class? I loved the garden parties, and I really enjoyed the dancing. The best one was the Morris dance where we got to wear bells and hankies, etc.
What a pity they don't still do them.
Pat Wrote:Were you ever in Miss Finnigan's class? I loved the garden parties, and I really enjoyed the dancing. The best one was the Morris dance where we got to wear bells and hankies, etc.
What a pity they don't still do them.
I went to St Matthew's in Alnwick Grove. I can remember dance rehearsals, for what seem like weeks, for the big day.
At 2.37, Im sure its Miss Mullholland. One of two sisters who taught in Jarrow.

She was my Head teacher at Mayfield in the mid 50's.

I went back to Mayfield in the late 60's to see the school again and she showed me around.
St James Park till the day I die.
staffy Wrote:At 2.37, Im sure its Miss Mullholland. One of two sisters who taught in Jarrow.

She was my Head teacher at Mayfield in the mid 50's.

I went back to Mayfield in the late 60's to see the school again and she showed me around.

Staffy did you not notice the last time you were home, Mayfield school is long gone,Smile it has houses there now and a doctor's surgery which I believe is mayfield health center,