old jarrow video on youtube
Here's a video of a film taken in the thirties of St Bedes people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZrLw0brK7A

Cheers Eddie what a brilliant video of old Jarrow. Smile
Its also on the hebburn.org site.

Every year there was Garden Party held in St. Matthew's. I am assuming that St. Bede's started the idea. Each class would do folk dance. Tickets were on sale for about 1/3d, and offered a 'snack'. We ate the snack in the Belsfield dinner hall. Miss Finnegan always had her girls do a dance. I still remember the Morris dance that we performed one year!! Do you remember that Mary?
Mary in Spain i think.
Michael Wiblin from St Bede's Church is researching the film, the full length version is 50mins. He would like any information about the people, places and events in the film. He would like to put names to faces and the events in the film.
You can contact Michael on 4897569.
Bit quiet on here due to the holidays. I'm sure when things are up and running as per normal lots of your questions will be answered on here.

I for one will be buying a copy. Many thanks for sharing it with the people of Jarrow.
SmileBrilliant video, someones Mum, Nan , Sister or Aunty must be seen on the video..on my list to get a copy of the full show...truly a great historical find. SmileCheers Cait
northeasternfilms Wrote:Michael Wiblin from St Bede's Church is researching the film, the full length version is 50mins. He would like any information about the people, places and events in the film. He would like to put names to faces and the events in the film.
You can contact Michael on 4897569.

The video clip is too short and too small to make out those on it?

If only you did not have to use binoculars to see it normal screen.........

[Image: bede01.jpg?t=1271791837]

And full screens just a blur ....

[Image: bede02.jpg?t=1271791708]

So all he has to do is get the names and addresses of the old parishioners still living from St. Bede's
Thought you might all like to know, just had a veiwing of the full vidio of the St.Bede's parish this morning. It still needs a little fine tune but it is very good. Alsorts of activities on it up untill 1948 and glimpses of old Jarrow too. Made me cry. Teeny