mcintyre
hi did anyone know john mcintyre of jarrow brothers names where ronnie , raymond , colin and does anyone know where he is buried
thanks
ken mcintyre
I don't know if you local or not but try this:

Just Passing Wrote:Try this first you may get the info for free (it used to be if you had the date of death and the Cemetery)
Phone:
0191 427 3190
Bereavement Services
South Shields Crematorium
John Reid Road
South Shields NE34 9DT

Bereavement Services have a website:
Go to:
http://www.southtyneside.info/environment/cemeteries/cemeteries-in-south-tyneside/jarrow-cemetery.asp
Go to e-services on right hand column
Click on Find a grave/genealogical search
But they will charge you £14.00

Also there is a map there of the cemetery

South Shields Library Local History Department has all the Jarrow Cemetery burials on a microfilm
It is in chronological order (date) so you need to have the date of death, or it can take you days

South Shields Library Local History Department has also Newspapers available on microfiche
Shields Gazette
1849 to date
Jarrow Chronicle
1 April 1871 to 16 December 1871
Jarrow Express
13 December 1873 to 26 December 1913
Jarrow Guardian
6 January 1872 to 31 December 1880
Jarrow Labour Herald
6 April 1906 to 15 March 1907

If you get the Cemetery and the co-ordinates and it is out of the way for you someone on here will take a photo for you if a headstone exists
Without knowing the date of death you could spend days in South Shields Library looking for him - and if you use the services of Bereavement services they will charge extra.
So a date of the death is the first thing you need .......................
kennymac Wrote:hi did anyone know john mcintyre of jarrow brothers names where ronnie , raymond , colin and does anyone know where he is buried
thanks
ken mcintyre

Family members recall McIntyre family living in Hebburn years ago..wonder if they were related..
There was a McIntyre family in Hebburn. Many years ago (50's?) Mrs McIntyre was the Mayoress of Hebburn. So that should be easy to trace.
I believe Violet Hope's maiden name was McIntyre.
http://www.jarrowlife.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60565#post60565
Pook Wrote:I believe Violet Hope's maiden name was McIntyre.

If that's so this will be her marriage:

Marriages Mar 1927
Thomas G. Hope Tynemouth
Violet M. McIntyre Tynemouth

Most probably Willington Quay Howdon .......................

And this will be her birth:

Births Sep 1905
Violet Mary C. McIntyre Tynemouth

Over fifty years ago a lady called Annie McIntyre lived on Argyle Street Hebburn, she was a good friend of my Grandmother. Annie Mcintyre if my memory is right was a dressmaker, and I am sure she had a large family..fingers crossed some of her relations may still live in the Jarrow/Hebburn area. cheers Cait
Just Passing Wrote:If that's so this will be her marriage:

Marriages Mar 1927
Thomas G. Hope Tynemouth
Violet M. McIntyre Tynemouth

And this will be her birth:

Births Sep 1905
Violet Mary C. McIntyre Tynemouth

That looks spot on, nice research.

...and believe it or not, when her grandson John's first chlid was born, Violet's own mother was still alive - making five generations in total. It can't be too often you have a living great-great-grandmother.