looking for James Frampton
Pat Wrote:Do you have any other clues about James at all? If he was born in Jarrow or the local area, he should be on the Southtyneside site. Maybe James was his middle name? Have you looked on Ancestry? There's several there for the 1905-15 period. The only way to know for sure that you have the correct one is to get his bc... unless of course someone remembers him??
I am in a similar situation with Jessie Brown, so I know how difficult it can be.
Pat, anymore details for Jessie, perhaps we can help.
Thanks Deckard. This family keeps popping up in my search, so maybe they are the ones. James William is/was the right age. But I have nothing concrete. What I need is for relatives of this family to produce a photo. I'm sure I'd share a strong family resemblence. I don't want much, do I ?Wink
After receiving Deckards post re: the Frampton Family of 193 Edwards St. South Shields, I've decided to post all the information I've found on this family even though I don't know if they are my relatives or not.(If they're not that makes me some kind of stalker!). This family keeps popping up in my search. I need to know if they are my relatives or not so that I can move on. Hopefully, with all of my information posted, something will 'click' with someone. So here goes:
James William Frampton married Elizabeth Ann Snowdon in 1905. He was born in 1884 in Middlesborough. He worked as a milk Salesman around 1911 but later worked in the mines. He enlisted in the army in 1915, aged 31, and received the silver war badge 29/5/18. He was only in the army a little over a year when he was wounded and was pensioned off. He and Elizabeth had 6 children. One died in infancy. The four surviving children were:
Thomas Henry b 1905 at Hebburn Colliery/Jarrow
James William b.1907 " " " "
John b. 1910 " " " "
Alina/Elina b.1912 at South Shields
Henry James b. 1915 at South Shields.
A John Frampton was killed in a mining disaster at Hebburn mine in 1928 aged 18. Presumably that was the third son of James and Elizabeth.
That's it.
The descendents of this family must be out there somewhere and should be able to prove whether or not this family is related to me.
So please, lovely people, keep you eyes and ears open for me.

AussiegirlSmile
I've just received the first of my "Frampton Letters". It was from the Ullswater address which I already knew, from 'the adventurer', was not the one. Nevertheless it was a lovely letter wishing me good luck in my search. 3 more letters to come, hopefullySmile
aussiegirl Wrote:I've just received the first of my "Frampton Letters". It was from the Ullswater address which I already knew, from 'the adventurer', was not the one. Nevertheless it was a lovely letter wishing me good luck in my search. 3 more letters to come, hopefullySmile
We've all got our finger's crossed that you receive some good new's.
Thank you fisherman. Your well wishes mean a lot to meSmile
Just thought I'd add a post keeping anyone who might be wondering up to date: I haven't received any other replies to my "Frampton" letters. Maybe folk are worried that I might want something other than knowing who my relatives are. But of course I don't. Oh Well, there's still a chance one of them will get in touch. Isn't there[Image: icon9.gif]?

Aussie Girl.
jimmy frampton, father and son both called james, lived in brixham crescent, had wife called peggy and daughters called christine angela and carol, lived across the road from me in 50s, had another young son cant remember name
Thank you, revmac. I will Google the names and see if I can find a current address. Your Jimmy could be my jamesBig Grin
Regards from AustraliaSmile
Hi we had a family called Framton lived in Brixham Cres Low Simondsied Farther was called Jimmy MEL.