looking for James Frampton
aussiegirl Wrote:Thanks ged.
I've found 4 Framptons in the area, including Birdman's E Frampton in Ullswater. Because I live in Australia, I think my only option is to write to each of them. I don't have much to go on though do I? If any of you recieved a letter asking if you had a relative named James who joined the army around 1938, would that be enough for you?
Meanwhile, I'd be so grateful if you all could keep your eyes and ears open on my behalf.
ThanksSmile
There was a girl called Jean Frampton in my class at Valley View,She lived on Lake's est.If I bump into her anytime In Jarrow Shopping Centre,I'll make some enquirie's for you.
Thanks Birdman
You've really encouraged me. I've written 3 of the 4 letters already.Smile
Don't know if it will help, but I had a quick look at the Southtyneside site for 1937-1947. There were two marriages for James: 1945 to Ms Morgan 1946 to Ms Robson. No births during those dates, and one death in 1947 for James Stanley Frampton.
Perhaps if you look at the Tyneside site, at the Register Office on-line search, you may find a familiar name?
I spoke to David Frampton earlier today and he never knew of an uncle James and his dad is not around anymore to ask.
This was the Frampton family from Ullswater Avenue.
I used to go to Valley View school with a boy called
Harry Frampton, this was in the 1930s. He lived on
the corner of Hylton Road and Lumley Terrace. I think
he was born about 1928. I was informed that he passed
away about a year ago. Perhaps not a lot of help but
it could be a bit of the jigsaw.
the adventurer,sorry to correct you bot dave frampton from felgate is my best mates brother,and they lived in coniston driveWink
Letmein5 Wrote:I used to go to Valley View school with a boy called
Harry Frampton, this was in the 1930s. He lived on
the corner of Hylton Road and Lumley Terrace. I think
he was born about 1928. I was informed that he passed
away about a year ago. Perhaps not a lot of help but
it could be a bit of the jigsaw.
Hi Letmein5. His son also called Harry.
He was in my class.
There used to be a woman called Frampton living near the subway end/playing fields side of Lindisfarne Road and I'm sure she is still there. Also, I worked with a young man and woman who lived in High Howdon in 1996 and they told me their father was from Jarrow but separated from their mother. They will be approximately 33 & 34, now. I will try to find out re: Lindisfarne lady.
Thanks everyone for your responses, help and support.
You're all so lovely. Its nice to think I might have some Jarra blood in me!
Pat, Thanks for suggesting the southtyneside site. I'm not sure if I've already tried it, but I'll give it a go. My problem is knowing the right James Frampton when I find him. I've been searching for ages on numerous sites. I've even tried army records. Apparently I can search army records in person at Kew, but thats a wee bit too far away for me!
I've written my 4 letters to the 4 Framptons I've found in the area and I'll post them tomorrow. Heres hoping!
Please, lovely people, keep your eyes and ears open in the meantime. Thank you
Regards from AustraliaSmile
Crazy Horse, you were correct about Sid Frampton's address No 1 Coniston coming from Salem St Jarrow. Is it young Sid who is your best pal?
David might have bumped into you at Keswick last week.