looking for James Frampton
I'm looking for my relative James Frampton who I believe comes from Jarrow. All I know about him for certain is that He joined the war in about 1938. If Any one knows anything about James or his family, please let me know - and you'll make an Aussie girl really happy!
aussiegirl Wrote:I'm looking for my relative James Frampton who I believe comes from Jarrow. All I know about him for certain is that He joined the war in about 1938. If Any one knows anything about James or his family, please let me know - and you'll make an Aussie girl really happy!

There was a Frampton family lived on the lakes estate in the 50's/60's.
The son would be in his 60's by now.
Crazy Horse might know more about them. They lived in the area around the top of Coniston drive/Kirkstone ave.
Sorry I can't be of more help, I lived at the opposite end of the estate but the boy used to pass our house regularly. Smile

I have just found out that There is an E. Frampton lives in Ullswater ave. on the lakes estate and, in hind sight, I think the boys name was Ernie.
aussiegirl,the framptons i know as birdman stated,lived in coniston drive on the lakes estate,father sid,mother reenie,sadly both have passed,sid jnr,norma,david,iris,ronnie where the children,i will try and find out if they had any relations named jamesCool
I know Sid, David and Linda Frampton, in fact I pass David's every morning on my way for my newspaper.
I will ask about James, Sid's about 68 so it could be an uncle or cousin. I believe Sid was the oldest in the family.
the adventurer,the names i stated were in order of age,sid being theoldestBig Grin
Thanks to all for your help and offers to ask on my behalf. Going by the age mentioned, Sid could be my James' son/nephew. My James might also have lived in South Shields. I know he used to frequent the "Gib Hotel" in Tynemouth around 1937, but that probably doesn't help anyone.
I look forward to hearing from you lovely people again. Thank you.
Hello All
Looking at my first post: I said James frampton "joined war" in 1938. This should be "joined army". My James Frampton may also have worked at the Hebburn Mine. I don't know if this jogs anyone's memory. I hope so.
Thanks Birdman for all your hard work.
Regards from AustraliaSmile
aussiegirl Wrote:Hello All
Looking at my first post: I said James frampton "joined war" in 1938. This should be "joined army". My James Frampton may also have worked at the Hebburn Mine. I don't know if this jogs anyone's memory. I hope so.
Thanks Birdman for all your hard work.
Regards from AustraliaSmile
There was a Carol Frampton in Jarrow,she'll be in her 60's now.
Thanks ged.
I've found 4 Framptons in the area, including Birdman's E Frampton in Ullswater. Because I live in Australia, I think my only option is to write to each of them. I don't have much to go on though do I? If any of you recieved a letter asking if you had a relative named James who joined the army around 1938, would that be enough for you?
Meanwhile, I'd be so grateful if you all could keep your eyes and ears open on my behalf.
ThanksSmile
aussiegirl Wrote:Thanks ged.
I've found 4 Framptons in the area, including Birdman's E Frampton in Ullswater. Because I live in Australia, I think my only option is to write to each of them. I don't have much to go on though do I? If any of you recieved a letter asking if you had a relative named James who joined the army around 1938, would that be enough for you?
Meanwhile, I'd be so grateful if you all could keep your eyes and ears open on my behalf.
ThanksSmile

This is Jarra folk you're talking about. Wink

I wouldn't be surprised if the old photo' boxes were dragged out and they were straight on the 'phone to aunties and uncles checking out if there were any relatives named James. Especially those in the older age group.

It wouldn't hurt to give it a go. For the cost of the postage you might find family you didn't know existed. Smile