kelly
Michael Kelly born about 1800-1810 Think Mayo, Roscommon, or Galway, Married Catherine O'neill from Ireland. Lived in Address Clonfean Dunmore Galway I reland
waterlilly Wrote:Michael Kelly born about 1800-1810 Think Mayo, Roscommon, or Galway, Married Catherine O'neill from Ireland. Lived in Address Clonfean Dunmore Galway I reland

Many thanks Waterlilly for posting your family names in the Genealogy folder..the part of Ireland that you mention is breathtaking for its scenic views. I will ask my Irish friends to look up some old photos of the area and if any turn up you could add them to your family research folders, cheers Cait
Hi Cait, I would be very gratefull if you could come up with some photo's of that part of Ireland.Thanks again
Kelly name Coat of Arms and area map of Co, Mayo

Attached Files
.gif   MayoMap.gif (Size: 23.91 KB / Downloads: 17)
waterlilly Wrote:Michael Kelly born about 1800-1810 Think Mayo, Roscommon, or Galway, Married Catherine O'neill from Ireland. Lived in Address Clonfean Dunmore Galway I reland

Is it not Clonfert?

The Diocese of Clonfert is a Roman Catholic diocese in the western part of Ireland.
It is in the Metropolitan Province of Tuam and is subject to the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Tuam.
Territorially, the modern diocese occupies almost the whole of East Galway, with one parish, Lusmagh in County Offaly and Taughmaconnell as well as Creagh, the half-parish of Ballinasloe in County Roscommon. This was the ancient territory of Hy Many, the largest petty-kingdom in the country, as it existed when the diocese was formed. In fact, its bishop was sometimes referred to as the Bishop of Hy Many.

Most common surnames in Clonfert 1855

Surname Households
Kenny 21
Kelly 19
Coghlan 17
Madden 15
Larkin 12
McEvoy 12
Murray 12
Staunton 12
Egan 11
Coolahan 10
Hi JP,sorry i have not been in touch.I won't be for a while as my Partner is very poorly in hospital and i am there most of the time.Will catch you all later.Will you please thank Cait for sending me the photo's . Bye for now
waterlilly Wrote:Hi JP,sorry i have not been in touch.I won't be for a while as my Partner is very poorly in hospital and i am there most of the time.Will catch you all later.Will you please thank Cait for sending me the photo's . Bye for now

Nowts a bother

And thank you Cait for sending waterlilly the photos?
Just Passing Wrote:Nowts a bother

And thank you Cait for sending waterlilly the photos?

Cait just read message, more pics of Ireland to follow Waterlilly, but more important 'blessings and get well soon' to you partner in hospital..thinking of you both:grouphug:..cheers Cait

Many thanks JP for all the great research work you have posted for members researching their family tree...cheers CaitSmile

[ATTACH]2175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2176[/ATTACH]

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 about James Kelly

Name: James Kelly Probate Date: 14 Dec 1870 Death Date: 29 Nov 1870 Death Place: Durham, England Registry: Durham

Attached Files
.jpeg   james kelly.jpeg (Size: 158.79 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   james kelly.JPG (Size: 498.33 KB / Downloads: 9)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor
1881 census
Don Bridge 26 Birkets Buildings (Back)
John Kelly Head Married 40 abt 1841 Male Chemical Labourer Galway
Bridget Kelly Wife Married 30 abt 1851 Female Newcastle Northumberland
Michael Kelly Son 13 abt 1868 Male Scholar So Shields Durham England
John Kelly Son 11 abt 1870 Male Scholar Jarrow Durham England
Catherine Kelly Daughter 8 abt 1873 Female Scholar Jarrow Durham
Edward Kelly Son 6 abt 1875 Male Scholar Jarrow Durham England
Thomas Kelly Son 10days Male Jarrow

England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1915 about Catherine Kelly
Name: Catherine Kelly Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1901 Registration district: Gateshead Inferred County: Durham Volume Number: 10a Page Number: 1515
Spouse: James Duffy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vikki Lawlor