jarrow civic hall
Wishing you all the best for your venture John Smile
JohnK Wrote:Hi
I Have posted a video of the renovation of the Civic Hall on Youtube. Just search Jarrow Civic Hall and it will come up on the first page.

John
I've looked on you tube,It's looking good, look forward to your next update.
drove past last week looks very very good ,well done to you
John K As he's known on this site who bought & restored Civic Hall.....I've read a great story In tonght's Shield's Gazette,(page 24),Anyway John had read a story of a couple who had met at Civic Hall,then known as The Max,This couple have now celebrated their Golden Wedding and have been Invited by John to be guest's of honour on the opening of St.Charle's restaurant.Nice One John.SmileSmile
fair play:clap2:
[quote=fisherman]John K As he's known on this site who bought & restored Civic Hall.....I've read a great story In tonght's Shield's Gazette,(page 24),Anyway John had read a story of a couple who had met at Civic Hall,then known as The Max,This couple have now celebrated their Golden Wedding and have been Invited by John to be guest's of honour on the opening of St.Charle's restaurant.Nice One John.SmileSmile[/QUOTEIt was called The Mechanics institute.So the knickname would have been the Mechs or just the mechanics

Attached Files
.jpg   mechanics institute.jpg (Size: 52.06 KB / Downloads: 16)

Here's John on a local Radio programme talking about the Civic Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8da-G0n1gPs
My hubby and I popped in last week for a bite to eat and I was really surprised. The place is beautiful inside and the food was as good as any I've tasted in Newcastle. It wasn't on a par with Romanos but there again it's half the price. Also the wine was to my palate and the service good. If I had to have a gripe it would be that the lights are too bright, the handyman/joiner should not be working when diners are in and as we didn't book we had to have a table near the door, so would suggest you book in advance, but I would certainly recommend it - well done John!
Hi everybody,
I have been putting blogs on youtube about the continuing restoration of Jarrow Civic Hall. If you would like to see them then the link is
http://www.youtube.com/user/JarrowCivicHall?ob=0&feature=results_main

John Knowles
I went to Sir Charlies last night with my family.
I have to say I was VERY impressed.
The food was lovely & the service was excellent.
It's been refurbished to a high standard.
Well worth a visit SmileSmile