elisabeth symonds(owens)
i am trying to trace my grand/mother lived in jarra for many years ,had 21 children had a paper shop at the top of qi
ueens rd in the 20,any help
Did you live in Stirling ave on the Scotch estate?

vinnievinyl Wrote:i am trying to trace my grand/mother lived in jarra for many years ,had 21 children had a paper shop at the top of qi
ueens rd in the 20,any help

Hi there. The offspring would have been Symonds and the most celebrated could have been Joe one time councilor and ex Mayor of Jarrow.
tedg Wrote:Did you live in Stirling ave on the Scotch estate?
no that was my uncle,bob ,we lived on the lakes estate hedworth view:confused:
thats right my father was joe symonds who went on to a member of parliament ,for whitehaven ,cumberland after having long service to the borough as councillor ,alderman ,freeman of the borough an oganiser of the jarrow march,
vinnievinyl,were you the lad who used to tinker with cars in the back lane,seem to remember an old green open topped sports car,Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
no that was not me ,that was sinclair gordon he had agreensports car i lved at no11 hedworth view used knock around with owen duffy i went to harrold st ,
got that wrong then vinnievinyl,only duffies i knew lived in eskdale driveBig Grin
thats right crazy horse i think it was no 1 right on the corner of eskdale drive
only male duffy i knew vinnievinyl was called johnWink