York Avenue Garage. Anyone got any pics or more info?
Hi guys,

I have been doing some research on the history of my car:

[Image: 020720111150.jpg]

Basically, after speaking to the previous owners, it turns out the car was bought at York Avenue Garage in 1983.

Ive seen a thread on here a while ago where people were talking about it and I just wondered if anyone had anymore info or some pics of the actual dealership from back in the day?

The original thread:

http://www.isconnected.net/JarrowLife.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57518

It would be great just to see what it looked like or if I could find any more info.

Or even if anyone could just confirm the address of it and maybe the old phone number (if its changed) Id be very grateful as Im looking to get some plates and stickers made up.

Thanks in advance

Alex
Great looking car Alexf. Have you restored it yourself?
Sorry I can't help with your search but I'm sure someone on will be able to :car:
Is york ave garage not still there? do you know I have passed that way many a time( going to meet the jarrow life crowd in the Prince) but never took much notice of wether the garage was still there or not.
alexf Wrote:Hi guys,

I have been doing some research on the history of my car:

[Image: 020720111150.jpg]

Basically, after speaking to the previous owners, it turns out the car was bought at York Avenue Garage in 1983.

Ive seen a thread on here a while ago where people were talking about it and I just wondered if anyone had anymore info or some pics of the actual dealership from back in the day?

The original thread:

http://www.isconnected.net/JarrowLife.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57518

It would be great just to see what it looked like or if I could find any more info.

Or even if anyone could just confirm the address of it and maybe the old phone number (if its changed) Id be very grateful as Im looking to get some plates and stickers made up.

Thanks in advance

Alex
used to sell cars there years ago. moved to team valley but don't know if still there. google it.
The filling station is still there now called St Matthew's Filling Station but the dealership is long gone. Smile
I have seen a photo somewhere of York Ave garage,but can't recall where, I actually know one of the mechanic's that used to work there,next time I see him I'll see If he has any photo's.I can picture how It used to look.
Used to be owned by the late Jarrow man Dougie Jackson. He sold the company to the national chain. Loads of cars were sold from there.
Thanks for the replies, very interesting to know,

and Fisherman Id be really grateful if you could, that would be great Smile
I think one of the staff was called Dave Mulllholland.

fisherman Wrote:I have seen a photo somewhere of York Ave garage,but can't recall where, I actually know one of the mechanic's that used to work there,next time I see him I'll see If he has any photo's.I can picture how It used to look.

Think Norman Pinnock worked there.