Wilkinson
Cait Wrote:Many thanks JP thats some great research work you have posted..like I keep saying your a true 'Star' and a brilliant researcher...cheers CaitSmileSmile

I appreciate your acknowledgements Cait ............
Just Passing Wrote:Have you not got one birth certificate of one of their children?
Your fathers or mothers? (which ever was the child of them)

That would save you a lot of work

You say your grandmother died age 52
Has no one got her death certificate?

Not saying it's yours? (as I'm wearing blinkers here)
But, there was a Bridget Wilkinson died in Gateshead in 1941 aged 54 (making her birth about 1886)

I found a lot of stuff, JP thanks to your help. Got no birth certificates but you've give me an excellent start with all that info. Would have taken me forever to find all that. Amazing.
hi joanii
my name is julie and were related! Smile my cousin ann (on me mams side of the family) has helped me to do my tree, my dad is john fitzpatrick, your cousin, im off to ireland in october to do more research on me dads side of the family. i would love to get in touch with you to show you what my cousins done for me, and ive also got photos of when i went to me aunty claras birthday party, pics of aunty clara our ethel, peggy lee and also nancy and me aunty peggy mclean, hope to hear from you soon, take care
julie
xoxox
julie Wrote:hi joanii
my name is julie and were related! Smile my cousin ann (on me mams side of the family) has helped me to do my tree, my dad is john fitzpatrick, your cousin, im off to ireland in october to do more research on me dads side of the family. i would love to get in touch with you to show you what my cousins done for me, and ive also got photos of when i went to me aunty claras birthday party, pics of aunty clara our ethel, peggy lee and also nancy and me aunty peggy mclean, hope to hear from you soon, take care
julie
xoxox

Hi Julie and Joanii...aahh!! thats brilliant news to read that you are related..looks like a lot of family memories and stories to be shared over the coming months ahead.
Do share a few details on site as when your research grows, you may find that by posting info you end up with lots more relations turning up on site. Cyber congrats to you both cheers CaitSmile
Rose Hemmer nee Wilkinson is my nana. Actually been to Jarrow cemetery today and visited her grave. She's in with my granda Jackie ( John ) Hemmer. Also their son Dennis buried with them.

Nana died March 5th 1971.

Rest of them at Jarrow cemetery too....Catherine, Margaret, Jackie jnr. Albert was cremated.

I think I have copies of some certificates and will hunt them out soon.
Rang my Aunty Theresa...

Other sister was Meggie, married a Tommy Gooley ( not sure of spelling ).
They had a son Thomas who died when he was about 21 yr old. Also a daughter Ella, she died a few years back.
joan aunt nora. married bob gray. they had lovely family. they all live in jarrow. love theresa.
Just Passing Wrote:I appreciate your acknowledgements Cait ............

Thanks for all the great information. I've found out a lot more thanks to you, jp. I cant tell how much I appreciate your help.
Just to let you know how far I have got with researching my family tree, JP. As you can see by the responses, I have been contacted by my relatives. I've sent them private messages and i'm doing just fine. I got lots of info from the research you did for me and I joined ancestry.co.uk. I've reached a stumbling block but thanks to your input, I'm a lot further on than I would have been. Many thanks, j.
I've come to a dead end: An ancestor appears to be in three different places on the 1901 census, I keep geting the same results however I tackle the problem and I'm going round in circles. Also, My Great Grand father and Grand Father appear to have both been married twice but I cant find the details of the marriages. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any ideas of what i could try next?