Who\what filled you with fear at school?
Hello Teeny, Yes, both Mary and I are here!!!
She was the sister of Nellie. I didn't really get to know her.
Funnily enough I thought Nellie was the best teacher I ever had!! I learned more from her than anyone. Perhaps it was 'cos I sat in the front! Smile Smile I remember she used to hold the wrist and slap the back of the hand as a punishment. It could really sting.
Hi Pat, I agree Nellie was the best teacher I ever had too. Her sister Molly though, the Head Misstress, I was still shaking with fear when I saw her when I was in my 50's. Boy was she scarey!!!!
Mr Jones who was the headmaster at Valley View. He terrified a whole era of kids. Got to know him quite well in later life and what a nice fellow he was.
Teeny Wrote:Hi Pat, I agree Nellie was the best teacher I ever had too. Her sister Molly though, the Head Misstress, I was still shaking with fear when I saw her when I was in my 50's. Boy was she scarey!!!!

Hi Teeny and Pat,
I am glad you both thought Nellie was the best teacher, Personly I never learnt a thing in her class, I was too scared of her.:o:o
i remember our morning assembly at valley view and mr.jone,s telling all of us about dog,s coming on school field,s and warning us to stay away from them so after assembly my friend and i went straight out off hall into playground and started barking at these 2 dog,s that come on to school ground,s and guess who caught us, and yes we got the cane ,something i think should be brought back
Mary, I had heard that many nasty tales about Nellie I didn't sleep all the six weeks holiday we had before going into her class: But after a year with the dreaded Miss Joyce Nellie was a pussy cat. I never looked back after her wonderful teaching. Guess I paid more attention than you. Did you sit at the back??? I was at the front.
Hi Teeny
you must be a bit younger than me and Pat as when we were at the huts Mary Joyce taught the all boys class, I can still Picture her with her dark hair, and a red tartin skirt, I last seen her about 1976 and she had not changed much,
Don't know how old you are Mary? Miss Joyce was the last teacher I had in The Huts and Mrs Skelly taught the boys. Miss Joyce was very fond of weilding the cane, half the time we didn't know why we were getting it. Bad vives for me!!!
musomaniac Wrote:was it not mr halbourg who had the whacky jacky he was the art teacher in croft , i received it a few times off him .:mad:
yes it was mr.halbourgh at croft tce that had the wacky jacky,yes jarraman your teacher may have had wacky jacky as well but we had the original your,s was a copy,ha ha , i bumped into mr.halbourg in washington last year he,s never changed and he hasn,t got his wacky jacky anymore i asked him. and we had a laugh about it
Croft Terrace School 1962-1963 (first and only year).
might ring a few bells with Tedg.
a young male Negro teacher.

think he must have had psycho problems as I can remember him walking on the desks. Couldn't pronounce Edna Clark -came out as Edna Clack.
One time I remember him shouting out of the classroom window shouting "What is this God if Yours" and "I'll eat his sh*t"

don't know what his name was although I heard him as Mr Cole or Coal or as Mr Young.

anybody remember him.