Who\what filled you with fear at school?
Message 16 reminds me of the sewing class in Nellie's. Hey Mary, do you remember the green knickers that we had to make in her class? I think it was something like sail cloth material, and they were dark green, and I would bet that no-one in their right mind would ever wear them. They were HUGE!!! I too really enjoy sewing now.
Pat I am sitting here haveing a good laugh, Now that you have reminded me of them, they were unforgetable real passion killers
Mary Wrote:Pat I am sitting here haveing a good laugh, Now that you have reminded me of them, they were unforgetable real passion killers

SmileAye lasses...they made us do some crazy things at school...lol...I wonder if any are hidden in lofts...lol..cheers Cait:wave:
downloaded (poached) this from some site??,somewhere???,some time??
Perth Green Sec Mod. previously known as West Simonside Sec Mod when I went there.
date unknown.
Mr Fee Standing far left
Mr Flegg Standing 2nd right
Mr Roddam (Head) seated 5th left
Miss Maddock Seated 6th left
Mr Charlton Seated 2nd right
Mr Gilligan Seated 1st right

Attached Files
.jpg   perth green sec mod.jpg (Size: 56.93 KB / Downloads: 73)
This was after we left I think.More your sisters time .
Back row.Alex Fee, Magahey (metalwork) ? ? ? ?Mary Wardle(pe),Flegg, ?
?(science),Pete Brown (Art),Peg Rudd,Alex Weighman(Deputy Head) Norman Roddam (Head),Marrion Maddock (English).Christine Younghusband(Domestic science), Tommy Charlton (Woodwork) Gilligan (Music).
Pegg Rudd used to teach at the Grange before she went to Perth green.She was a friend of me mam and wasn't there when we were.
our kid was just a year behind--she's on "west simonside juniors a 1962 "phot in the school album.
At Perth Green Mr. Charlton was very severe and Miss Maddock also. A boy in my class wet himself with fear at the thought of asking her if he could go to the toilet, and left a nice puddle on the library floor poor kid.
tedg Wrote:This was after we left I think.More your sisters time .
Back row.Alex Fee, Magahey (metalwork) ? ? ? ?Mary Wardle(pe),Flegg, ?
?(science),Pete Brown (Art),Peg Rudd,Alex Weighman(Deputy Head) Norman Roddam (Head),Marrion Maddock (English).Christine Younghusband(Domestic science), Tommy Charlton (Woodwork) Gilligan (Music).
Pegg Rudd used to teach at the Grange before she went to Perth green.She was a friend of me mam and wasn't there when we were.

Hello there, think I can fill in a few gaps, hope its correct...
back row next to Magahey is Derek Lilley PE, Miss Backhouse became mrs Blacklock history, sewing teacher name unknown, Val Shearer biology, then cookery teacher, miss Wardle, two after her is Mr Henderson geography, next to mr Flegg is Mr Fielding english. Not bad eh??
What filled me with fear the most When I was a lad at St Joseph in Hebburn. Was mister Crossman aka "Bender", fiery red hair and tash and beard to go with it. Boy could he put the fear of life into you. When my daughter went there they called him Santa because gone was the red hair, replaced with snow white locks. I had to go to a parents night once and had to meet him and I was still petrified ha ha. It turned out he was a really nice man Though.Smile
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
All your horrors pale into insignifigance compaired to Miss Finnigan. Head teacher at "The Huts" school, St. Matthews Finchall Tce. Boy was she scarry!!! and cruel. Looked like Wicked witch of the West "Wizard of Oz". Caned everyone with a short bamboo, fraid at the end like a whip Are there any other oldies that went there?