Who\what filled you with fear at school?
Simonside Sec Mod. 1963-67
same time as Paul Thompson
Alex Fee--maths
Ruth Elder--RI -late found out she is my wife's cousin.
Mr Flegg--french teacher with his guitar and love of rugger.
True Toady Maddock knew what was going on.think so even tuaght my mother-she must have been ancient.
Mr Roddom headmaster also did geography, Mr Best deputy head did history.
Mr Gilligan music
Mr McGinley--biology
And Charlie Charlton and that piece of dowel he loved. Also took tech drawing??? remember in 66' had concussion from fall on ice --had to take me to the old Palmers hospital in his two tone Vauxhall estate car.

Had a PT teacher , who did judo, left education and became a helicopter pilot. can't remember name.
Lance best was at Croft tce.Deputy head was Alec Wheatman.Metalwork was Rooney then changed to to Mahguey an Irish bloke lived on hill park and sometimes used to bring his kids into school.That pe teacher had been a PTI in the RAF.He would give you the slipper and make you stand with your head against the gym wall for nowt.Forester come to mind but i'm not sure.DOH!
pronto105 Wrote:Mr Gilligan music

He lived next door to my mam for about 32 yrs before moving to Hampshire to live with his daughter, when he could not cope with his wifes' Alzheimers on his own anymore.They were really good friends and neighbours.He died about 5 yrs ago.
PT teacher was Peter Sterling. Forrester used to do climbing.
other tracher for girls PE was Miss Pratt, who was form teacher when in 3rd or 4th year-- Tedg you'll know.
Art teacher at Hedworthfield called Tommy Liddle ex RAF used to ponce ciggies off me everyday and then get me to go the shops at lunch time to get him some, but he never returned the one's that he ponced (suppose he could have sent me to Mr Young the head to get the slipper).Sad
I went to croft terrace school.... hated needlework... one of the teachers mrs peterson was ok but always made me laugh when on the old sewing machines treddle girl treddle if you never moved your feet quick enough!but the one that scared me was mrs purvis especially if you never had your money to pay for material... i paid but still never finished the shirt i was making ,lol now i love needlework its so strange....
pronto105 Wrote:PT teacher was Peter Sterling. Forrester used to do climbing.
other tracher for girls PE was Miss Pratt, who was form teacher when in 3rd or 4th year-- Tedg you'll know.
Been trying to think on that one but keep going blank.
Running the gauntlet at Croft was pretty scary
blusher3 Wrote:I went to croft terrace school.... hated needlework... one of the teachers mrs peterson was ok but always made me laugh when on the old sewing machines treddle girl treddle if you never moved your feet quick enough!but the one that scared me was mrs purvis especially if you never had your money to pay for material... i paid but still never finished the shirt i was making ,lol now i love needlework its so strange....

Hi Blusher...I had one teacher who was hell bent on teaching me 'Netball' at school..and she said as I was tall I was perfect...aahh!! Truly the teacher was okay..just I hated Netball....years have past...memories fade...lol..I still see my school mates who did play Netball...and guess what.....WinkCait still hates 'Netball'...now give me a hockey stick and wow!!..lol..Cool
Ms Peterson was my wife's aunt. The wife is always telling me about "treddle treddle treddle".
The wife tells me Ruth Elder the R.I teacher was her cousin. Ruth Left Croft Tce when Tedg and I were first years at croft and all three moved to West Simonside Sec Mod along with Alex Fee (maths)
It was not Peter Sterling but John Sterling the PT teacher.