Who\what filled you with fear at school?
Who or what was your biggest fear at school.
Was it a certain pupil who always give you a hard time?
Perhaps a particular teacher that 'had it in for you'?
Maybe it was the dreaded PE?
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
:yell:I had one teacher who said she would get me to be an expert at 'Netball'....this was because I was in the tall girls group.....problem was I hated 'Netball' and was no good at it at all, but she never gave up...ooohh!! I was glad when the end of term came....Smile
Mind you I can laugh about it now...but at the time it was aaahh!!Big Grin
A certain woodwork teacher who had a piece of wood and named it wacky jacky. One swipe of that across ya jacksy brought tears to your eyes.

Hated cross country running as well. Always finished in the top ten though as I took a short cut through the cemetary. Haha.

Crammy was still the best though.
Was always PE for me, especially in the winter, I was always pulling a sicky.Confusedick:
mr harrison was the one for me , (croft terrace) remember him ? he apparently got shrapnel in his leg in the war ,and when it give him jip , boy did he give it to us !!
we were queued up in the corridor one afternoon waiting to go into a music lesson with mrs lynn , and he came round the corner and went completely beserk because we weren't in line and were talking , he actually lifted one class mate up by the lapels and pinned him to the wall while screaming at him !!
he was also banned from using the cane because he hit so hard .

nasty man .
I went to Croft and Yes, Mr H was a scary man, old school type. He used to cane people daily. If a teacher today done half the things he done they'd be sacked on the spot and probably face criminal charges.

Still, he did keep the bad lads in line.:whip:
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
was it not mr halbourg who had the whacky jacky he was the art teacher in croft , i received it a few times off him .:mad:
Mr Charlton at woodwork teacher at Perth green .He was cane happy.but a good bloke in the later years.Marion Maddock She had eyes in the back of her head.She knew how to really make you feel small.
Some of the Teachers were like monstersSad...aahh!! its amazing that we all lived to tell the tales...
musomaniac Wrote:was it not mr halbourg who had the whacky jacky he was the art teacher in croft , i received it a few times off him .:mad:

It Was Mr Bennet a Woodwork teacher at Jarrow central. Cannot remember if he went to Springfield when the Central got closed down.