When did these Jarrow pubs close?
Just out of interest does anybody know when these following Jarrow pubs closed? The Jarrow Lad, The Western, The Rolling Mill, The North Eastern, The Golden Fleece (Ferry Street), The Globe, The Duke of Wellington/Bede Ale House, The Chillingham Bull, The Borough Arms and the Wine Bar that was in Jarrow Shopping Centre.
I'd very keen to know when these pubs closed as well. There's been a lot of pubs come and gone (some just name changes) over the years with a lot of closures as of late.

How about we collate definitive list in this thread?

Pete74, how about you update this thread with a list of closure dates (and name changes) as people supply them (I can help with formatting if you want.)
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Yeah, we can do that if anybody replies to this thread with some accurate closure dates. I do have some estimated closure dates for some of the pubs that I mentioned and other pubs and clubs in the Jarrow area over the years.

The Jarrow Lad 1996
The Bedes Club 1995
The Rolling Mill was early noughties
The North Eastern possibly early 1990's
Bede Ale House mid noughties
The Cavalier Club 1985
The Gaslight possibly early noughties

It would be great if we could get some accurate dates though.
with the offer of a bit of free advertising,mebbe the local breweries who supplied drink,would be able to give exact dates.

They must have closing receipts,or something similer.
St James Park till the day I die.
The wine bar in Jarrow was called Bretts. No idea when it closed, I used to go in the early to mid eighties.
Seeing that picture of the Bede's club, has brought back very,very sad memories for me...Sad..It's where I met the wife..Big Grin
Passed Johnny Ingle's this morning,possibly another pub on way out,because big sign outside saying To Let,couple of window's broken,so we'll have to wait and see if anyone take's this place on or is it to be closed for good.
I know Johnny Ingles was easier to traipse off the tongue over the years
But his real name was John Inglis