What famous people did you see at the club/pub
(22 Aug 10, 11:50 AM)Chic Wrote:  The club was run by The Franchi's and the Valente brothers.  I worked there for a few weeks about 1965 to get some extra money for my hols - boy did I get my eyes opened.  My parents, although members, didn't like the idea and used to come in every Saturday night to keep an eye on me.

Can you remember Dave short being floor manager ther. Michael franchise left and so did his brother who had the fish shop in Hebburn
Terry mccabe
(24 Jun 13, 9:15 PM)The Adventurer Wrote:  Chicken also worked in various shipyards on the Tyne and was probably more entertaining and better known than some of the turns at Franchi's.

Chicken welsh was never a professional boxer. He was an amateur. I know because I worked with him in palmers Hebburn. He was a good laugh. He would stare at people and they would be afraid. I never was as I knew him through my uncle Terry Mc Nally . Sadly missed
Terry mccabe
(28 Mar 10, 7:37 PM)Jarrowlass Wrote:  I worked at Bottos club when it opened sept.68.(now Murreys) we had people queing from tea-time to see Dickie Valentine, Flowerpot Men, Joseph Locke, Little & Large, Bobby Thompson, oh happy memories.Smile

Hi I worked at Bottos I think it was 1969/70 just after Tot and Gloria left, Johnny Henan was compare, Edna was head barmaid it was when had the Bunny Girls