What famous people did you see at the club/pub
Think I would've taken the rough for the smooth in a job like that when I was younger CH.
too true pauline, there is a lot to be said for working in a job you love,Big Grin
crazy horse Wrote:too true pauline, there is a lot to be said for working in a job you love,Big Grin

Can't say I ever have CH but the one I'm doing now is the best of a bad bunch lol
on reflection pauline i think my happiest days in a job were at british gas,during the conversion from town gas to natural gas boy did i have some laughsBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Chic Wrote:I saw Sandie Shaw, Dusty Springfield and Freddie (Parrot Face) Davies at Franci's Night Club in 60's, oh and The Fourmost. I also saw Val Doonican at the Latino and Ginger Baker on drums at The Chelsea Cat!
This will bring back happy memorie's for Chic and anyone else who used to go to Franci's Night Club,(look at the price's)

Attached Files
.jpg   img099-2.jpg (Size: 146.85 KB / Downloads: 34)
fisherman Wrote:This will bring back happy memorie's for Chic and anyone else who used to go to Franci's Night Club,(look at the price's)
Some excellent posts about the past on this site, many I've only heard of or read in the Gazette so to hear first hand accounts is brilliant!:clap2:

Will add my small donation I remember the Nolans being on at the Neon, they had their first No 1 shorty before this "In the mood for dancing".(Sad i know)
If my memory serves me well,I was too young at the time to get passed the signing in bloke..Big Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8aL1EeRIRU

Good stuff Steve. Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
fisherman Wrote:This will bring back happy memorie's for Chic and anyone else who used to go to Franci's Night Club,(look at the price's)
I went to see Dusty at Club Franchi. She was brilliant and on stage for well over an hour. A few months later I went to see Gino Wasington at the same venue. He seemed to come into the club with a strop on and left the stage after performing for 20 minutes. He then got a beer from the bar and sat in a corner sulking. Staff talked to him but he wouldn't return to the stage. We customers should have got all of our five shillings back ! Beckstevieb
Didn't meet him in a pub/ club but I met Paul Ross at a works Fun Day at the Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham a couple of years ago.
The theme for the day was 'Jetset' & everyone from our Depot dressed as 'Trolley Dollies'
That's me in the white blouse, directly behind Mr Ross.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=241&pictureid=3036]
Paul Ross is nobility compared to his brother. I have had encounters with lots of ''celebs'' one in Jarrow at Simonside/Primrose. When I find the photographs I will tell you. How about a thread ''What famous people have seen us? at a pub or club? Big Grin