What famous people did you see at the club/pub
Listening to Paul Thompson do an unexpected turn on the drums in the Deneside years ago.
Little and Large at the Latino in Shields in the early seventies. I don't think they had made the telly at that time.
Billyc Wrote:Little and Large at the Latino in Shields in the early seventies. I don't think they had made the telly at that time.
used to go to the Latino every week seen lots of stars there like Edmundo Ross,Dicky Valentine,Kenny Ball and his jazzmen,Edmond Hockeridge, Litta Rosa and manny more
lizciggy Wrote:used to go to the Latino every week seen lots of stars there like Edmundo Ross,Dicky Valentine,Kenny Ball and his jazzmen,Edmond Hockeridge, Litta Rosa and manny more

Once saw the Flowerpot men at the Latino. Tried getting in to see Tom Jones but me membership hadn't cleared yet. Sad
I worked at Bottos club when it opened sept.68.(now Murreys) we had people queing from tea-time to see Dickie Valentine, Flowerpot Men, Joseph Locke, Little & Large, Bobby Thompson, oh happy memories.Smile
used to go to botos club when it first opened infact i had my wedding rece:drum:ption there in 1969 it was a lovely club when it first opened,
i SAW THE MERSEY BEATS IN BOTTOS,I ALSO HAD MY WEDDING RECEPTION IN THERE NEARLY 30 YEARS AGO.
Hi lizciggy, yes Bottos was lovely, staff went to Bottos nightclub in Byker on a saturday night when we finished work.
A few years later when the Deneside opened i left Bottos to work there.
But was never as good as Bottos club.
Oh happy days & nights.:rockon:
canny bairn Wrote:i SAW THE MERSEY BEATS IN BOTTOS,I ALSO HAD MY WEDDING RECEPTION IN THERE NEARLY 30 YEARS AGO.

You haven't put on much weight in the last 30 years. You better get ya name down for some sun ray treatment and a bottle of malt and cod liver oil. Big Grin
Jarrowlass Wrote:Hi lizciggy, yes Bottos was lovely, staff went to Bottos nightclub in Byker on a saturday night when we finished work.
A few years later when the Deneside opened i left Bottos to work there.
But was never as good as Bottos club.
Oh happy days & nights.:rockon:
What did they call the compare i think it was Terry somthing he always used to sing my way and he sung it good he was also a bit of a comic i think:confused: