What famous people did you see at the club/pub
Obviously a tallented lad, I was in the Army at that time so unless he was on the juke box in the Naafi we wouldnt have heared of him! We led very sheltered lives in those days!:noidea:
whose army were you in????? certainly not UK Land Forces. or were you "just attached"
:jaw::eek: Fred Carno's! And may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your anusBig Grin
I shall treat your remark with the contempt it deserves Cool
jarraman Wrote:I did and my platform shoes. :rockon::redface:

Wow! now thats a photo I would love to view....lol...platform shoes magic.....WinkSmile
I come across this In Shield's Gazette.....

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0424-002.JPG (Size: 417.81 KB / Downloads: 26)
Ah memories. I well remember watching the film "Ferry Cross The Mersey" which was a pop film starring Gerry and the Pacemakers at Jarrow Flicks when it came out.
Happy days!
pronto105 Wrote:whose army were you in????? certainly not UK Land Forces. or were you "just attached"

Actually for your info, 522 Coy, RPC, CAD Kineton, Warwickshire, Also on attatchment to RPC Trg Centre, Simpson Bks, Wooton, Northampton and JSATC RAF Hendon. amoungst other postings and attatchments throghout the UK in the 1970's. including some I cant mention!
So yes I was part of UKLF and yes I was also on attatchments!

So what were you in then? The 5th Royal Mounted Bed Pan Regiment?????? :whoo:
fisherman Wrote:I come across this In Shield's Gazette.....
Gerry Marsden is still touring and is appearing at the Custom House at South Shields on the 10th June if anyone would like to relive old memories. We saw the Searchers there last week and they were great. Still presenting a full professional show at 70 years of age, they must be enjoying it Smile
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
vinnievinyl Wrote:i remember seing dusty springfield at franchis nightclub it was above the bowling alley

Was that the one in the Viking Centre near the statues?
Saw Bert Weedon at Jarrow Labour Club (he's the guitarist who wrote the "Play In A Day" books). Saw Geordie at Hebburn Labour Club with Brian Johnson. That was about 1978. Two years later he was with AC/DC !