What famous people did you see at the club/pub
Paul Ross was the 'Chris Tarrant' for our Company's version of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' on that day, Hartmann. He was very funny & very down to earth. He had his lunch with us 'commoners' & posed for numerous photos. I have some 'official' photos somewhere - I'll post them when I find them.
At one point, I was speaking to my son in law on my mobile whilst walking past him & he took my phone from me & started a full scale conversation with him.
Seen Sid Little at a small function in Fletwood, lancaster, last december had every one in stitches.Smile
I met Tony Christie last year at Bent's Park,He stood there age's signing autograph's to all of the people that waited. (Nice Bloke)This is him standing with autograph for me & my wife.And this Is The Autograph.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_7864.JPG (Size: 244.67 KB / Downloads: 18)
.jpg   img054.jpg (Size: 53.96 KB / Downloads: 15)
Here's Gareth Gate's as well.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_7760.JPG (Size: 193.48 KB / Downloads: 17)
Birdman Wrote:Once saw the Flowerpot men at the Latino. Tried getting in to see Tom Jones but me membership hadn't cleared yet. Sad
seen a few gangsters there!
The Little Waster at the Neon in the 70'sBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
jarraman Wrote:Sorry to say Freddie and the Dreamers at the Roker Park suite. John Miles at Jarrow Ex Servicemens club.

Who's John Miles????
Just Passing Wrote:Englebert Humperdink was born Arnold Dorsey
But he sung under the name of Gerry Dorsey in the workingmens clubs of the North East
He did appear in the Hebburn Trades and Labour Club at a Talent contest in 1965 under the name Gerry Dorsey
He came second that night to the 'Two Toms' from Jarrow
He changed his name to Englebert Humperdink just before he hit the big time in 1967 with 'Release Me'
He never appeared in the Hebburn Trades and Labour Club under the name of Englebert Humperdink
C'mon after 'Release Me' appearing in the Hebburn Trades and Labour Club?

For many years Gerry Dorsey was the resident vocalist at the Leicester Palais De Danse and lived next door to my grandads sister where me mam stayed when she first came to Leicester aged 16. He pulled her hair once so she belted him round the chops, He then knew better than to mess with a Jarra lass!
A big favorite at the Neon in the early 60's was The Dallas Boys who performed there frequently.
Chunkie Wrote:Who's John Miles????

Have a look at this thread Chunkie.

http://www.jarrowlife.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26995&highlight=john+miles