What You Don't Like About the Site?
I've seen several posts (and had emails) about users not liking the new site. I appreciate that something new always seems daunting as first but please bear with the site until you get used to it and I fully get to grips with the options.

As I've posted before, the old software was unsupported and so a move was necessary.

So, can I ask you to reply to this thread with specifics of what you don't like about the site and any suggestion you may have. Obviously I can't accommodate all points but I'll do my best Wink.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
(06 Jun 14, 11:26 PM)Admin Wrote:  I've seen several posts (and had emails) about users not liking the new site. I appreciate that something new always seems daunting as first but please bear with the site until you get used to it and I fully get to grips with the options.

As I've posted before, the old software was unsupported and so a move was necessary.

So, can I ask you to reply to this thread with specifics of what you don't like about the site and any suggestion you may have. Obviously I can't accommodate all points but I'll do my best Wink.
Hi Admin,
The bug for me is the lack of albums, I am a long way from Jarrow and being able to see pictures of the old place brings back great memories that I treasure....The spammers didn't help but that seems to be something that you can sort out as you close the loopholes. keep up the good work with the upgrades, I think that long term you will have something that we will all enjoy.
Cheers,
Huggis
(07 Jun 14, 1:48 AM)Huggis Wrote:  Hi Admin,
The bug for me is the lack of albums, I am a long way from Jarrow and being able to see pictures of the old place brings back great memories that I treasure....The spammers didn't help but that seems to be something that you can sort out as you close the loopholes. keep up the good work with the upgrades, I think that long term you will have something that we will all enjoy.
Cheers,
Huggis

Thnx for the feedback Huggis. There is a 'Gallery' (top of screen) so users can add photos but I am looking at starting a 2nd site for photos. Forums aren't well suited for sharing photos, there is much better suited software available.
(07 Jun 14, 7:57 AM)Admin Wrote:  
Cheers,
Huggis

Thnx for the feedback Huggis. There is a 'Gallery' (top of screen) so users can add photos but I am looking at starting a 2nd site for photos. Forums aren't well suited for sharing photos, there is much better suited software available.

I'm VERY surprised that only Huggis has replied to the request of Admin. If nobody replies then nothing will be changed.
(08 Jun 14, 10:25 AM)jarraman Wrote:  
Cheers,
Huggis

I'm VERY surprised that only Huggis has replied to the request of Admin. If nobody replies then nothing will be changed.

(08 Jun 14, 12:44 PM)The Adventurer Wrote:  
(08 Jun 14, 10:25 AM)jarraman Wrote:  
Cheers,
Huggis

I believe the spammers have frightened the contributors to death in case they pick up a bug.
That's my biggest concern and should imagine that's the problem for others.
If that's sorted out quickly I know others will return. The album will be a big help as well.
(08 Jun 14, 12:44 PM)The Adventurer Wrote:  I believe the spammers have frightened the contributors to death in case they pick up a bug.
That's my biggest concern and should imagine that's the problem for others.
If that's sorted out quickly I know others will return. The album will be a big help as well.

The spammers were bombarding the Guest Book as it doesn't require registration, so I removed the Guest Book (should encourage users to register anyway).

The vast majority of Spammers are relatively harmless to other users (unless you click any of their links of course). Their main goal is to collect 'link juice' from this site which helps their Search Engine rankings.
If there is a problem with the new look site can you please state what you don't like about it.

Admin can only make things different with a bit of feedback by members. Send a private message if you like.
(09 Jun 14, 2:20 PM)jarraman Wrote:  If there is a problem with the new look site can you please state what you don't like about it.

Admin can only make things different with a bit of feedback by members. Send a private message if you like.

I have just discovered that I don't like the 'reply' system. I'm probably doing it wrongly, but there seems to be an awful lot of 'He' replied, 'She replied', if you understand what I mean? Perhaps someone could put me right please?

Also, a few of us 'wrinklies' just don't like change. It takes us a while to get used to new methods, etc. Sometimes it's just too complicated to be bothered with. It is taking me a while to get used to the 'today's posts' at the top of the page, and then Admin's. intro. underneath it.
I am not complaining about the site or work that Admin has done to keep this site going, but this new stuff is just so frustrating.....!!!!
You must be hitting the 'reply' button on the post Pat, so the content of that post are included in your reply.

If you use the 'New Reply' button at the bottom right then only what you post will be included - just like this one Smile.
(09 Jun 14, 6:35 PM)Admin Wrote:  You must be hitting the 'reply' button on the post Mary, so the content of that post are included in your reply.

If you use the 'New Reply' button at the bottom right then only what you post will be included - just like this one Smile.
Admin,I think you meant to say Pat..