Wallsend Rising Sun Nature Reserve
This was a strange sight. Seemily this chap turned up in the field with the horses about 5 years ago and it's a mystery where he came from. Well that's what the local's told me today.

Attached Files
.jpg   wallsend 002.jpg (Size: 1.81 MB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   wallsend 003.jpg (Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 17)
The Adventurer Wrote:This was a strange sight. Seemily this chap turned up in the field with the horses about 5 years ago and it's a mystery where he came from. Well that's what the local's told me today.
He certainly is a odd sight in Wallsend and a bit of a local tourist attraction. Its just not a place you would expect to see a Red deer stag wandering about.Wink
Swallow pond (its old name and still known by at times) used to have Roe deer here also some 30 odd years back, but this site then looked nothing like it does now.Its changed for the better allowing more public access and matured woodland type areas (which are managed) along with meadows etc. to develop.
Really nice place to visit if anyone crosses the border north and very family friendly, with a visitor centre(cafe' and bairns play area etc.) plus good paths around this site.
A rarer bird or two at times also.Rolleyes
Thanks for the info. It's a place that I've always intended visiting but never got around to. I'll make sure that I get there soon. (Only a couple of minutes through the tunnel these days!Big Grin)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
The Adventurer Wrote:This was a strange sight. Seemily this chap turned up in the field with the horses about 5 years ago and it's a mystery where he came from. Well that's what the local's told me today.

where abouts is the rising sun nature reserve adventurer, can you get to it on the bus?
Mary, the way I went there was by Metro to four lane ends and a bus to Asda which takes approximately seven minutes. I believe it's the 335 and the nature reserve is about 15 yards from the bus stop. I hope that helps. It's the coast train which you would catch from hebburn and it's the stop after Longbenton.
Heres a link Mary, hope this helps regards location-

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=430264&y=569525&z=115&sv=430264,569525&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=680&ax=430264&ay=569525&lm=

Hypermarket(now Asda) on the old coast road here. Just ask if any further assistance is requirred.