Wallace family
Paddy wallace

Who knows him?

best wishes

martin wallace
Regarding patrick Wallace and John Wallace brothers galway ireland.

patrick wallace gave address:

2 Lord street, Jarrow on Tyne

John wallace last address given was Fife, Scotland?

Is Fife near jarrow?

Any info welcome

Martin
Jarrow was formerly in County Durham England
Jarrow is now in South Tyneside
South Tyneside is part of Tyne and Wear England

Fife is part of Scotland
Dunfermiline which is about the nearest to us is about
140 miles North of Jarrow
many thanks for info

martin
Hi Martin

The Paddy Wallace mentioned, (the guy who owned the shop) his wife Ida is still alive. Not sure where she lives but she was and may still be a volunteer worker with the British Heart Foundation in Jarrow. Also there is a family called Wallace living in Regent Road, Jarrow, could be of Irish descent as they're catholics. May be useless info but who knows?
Chic

excellent info.

All info is very valuable

best wishes

Martin
I went to Valley View School with one of Paddy Wallace's sons, there was two that I know of but don't ask their names it's too long ago.
This would have been 1958/59 when they still had the shop in Prince Consort road.
I know this because the boy had to go to the shop this particular night after school and he promised two of us a free ice lolly if we went with him.
At that time they were living on the corner of the Crescent and York Avenue and it was there he told us that his brother kept a sand lizard. A piece of useless information that has stuck in my mind ever since.
By the way, we never did get the ice lolly.

All that probably won't help you trace the family but it could stir someone Else's memory. You never know.Smile
The Wallace boys lived in Dene Terrace, one was called Len and I think the other could be Alan but not sure. The one you're talking about Birdman would be 62 now. Just found out Ida Wallace lives in Crusade Walk, Jarrow, info for Martin, her number is in the phone book.
Chic Wrote:The Wallace boys lived in Dene Terrace, one was called Len and I think the other could be Alan but not sure. The one you're talking about Birdman would be 62 now. Just found out Ida Wallace lives in Crusade Walk, Jarrow, info for Martin, her number is in the phone book.

That's them Chic. I had them living on the wrong corner.
Since me last post I did some checking and found the lad I went to school with on "Friends Reunited" It is Len and there is a picture, which I copied part of. That's him top left. Married and living in Sunderland at the time of writing on friends reunited.
If Martin wants to look him up he can be found at the Jarrow Grammar school from 1959-64.

Attached Files
.jpg   Len Wallace.jpg (Size: 33.01 KB / Downloads: 19)
Thats excellent- well done to all for info

best wishes

martin