Using Google Street View
Goggle updated it's UK Street View maps in March 2010, covering most streets in the UK. It's a great way of viewing an area so I thought I'd create this separate forum to share views of Jarrow. The actual pictures wee taken around the Summer of 2009 and so naturally Jarrow has changed since then.

I've added a new button to the editor [Image: GoogleStreetView.png] which allows you to embed Street View links into a post and it will create a window of the Goggle Street View.

It's pretty simple to use but I've laid out some quick steps below. If people are struggling then I'll update with more details instructions and screen shots.

1. Visit http://maps.google.co.uk, specifically, Jarrow.
2. Zoom into the street you're interested in.
3. On the left of the page, just above the zoom, you'll see a small yellow figure of a man. Using the mouse, drag this figure to the street you want and 'drop' the figure there. The map will then shoe you the street view.
4. You can move around the screen using the mouse and 'walk' along streets by clicking on the direction arrows.
5. Once you have the exact place you want want, click 'Link' toward to the top right of the screen.
6. Paste the 1st link in the drop down and copy to your post.
7. You'll then need to enclose this link with the tags [sview] and you can do this by highlighting the entire link and hitting the new Street View [Image: GoogleStreetView.png]button in the editor and you're done!

Note:
Please don't post more than one Street View link in the same thread, it will severely slow down viewing the thread.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
How do you save a picture. There's no right click.
Hi Jarraman

Have a look at this mate

http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php

[ATTACH]501[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]507[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 1.jpg (Size: 368.22 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 2.jpg (Size: 65.68 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 3.jpg (Size: 292.21 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 4.jpg (Size: 299.3 KB / Downloads: 7)
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 5.jpg (Size: 294.87 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   PRINT SCREEN 6.jpg (Size: 121.85 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   PRINT-SCREEN-7.jpg (Size: 337.29 KB / Downloads: 4)
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
jarraman Wrote:How do you save a picture. There's no right click.

It's not a picture you're saving, but a link to the page that can be embedded in this site. when you paste the link into and wrap in the [save] tags, an interactive Street View Window will be shown in the post after you save it.
Anyone noticed you cannot google the town hall from any direction?
Seems strange as you can even google the shopping center car park and even the slacks .................
Just Passing Wrote:Anyone noticed you cannot google the town hall from any direction?
Seems strange as you can even google the shopping center car park and even the slacks .................

Yeh, noticed that JP, seems like certain areas are exculded.
Another is Green Bank Villas, not sure if the oweers of the large houses there have requested exclusion or it's because of the BT building opposite?
Big Grinhard lines if someone is relaxing in garden in state of undress..or someone caught coming out of an ex girl/boyfriends house..lol...take some explaining...lol..Wink
architect1976 Wrote:My car is outside of Scotia Quay in Sunderland, I was on a site visit that day.

My car is on my drive but also in the car park at work in Felling lol
union st what a difference when i think about the old mans cafe. frankies fish shop lilly cores general dealers shop then the empire picture house its like Jarrows been blitzed again even south shields kept part of its history in fact any other place i know either built to blend in with the surroundings . anyone visiting Jarrow after a long absense would never recognise the place . due to those who think they no best. o,dearie me i get so depressed. must go for a lie down to get over this post cheers