Uploading Photos
Quote:
Can I highlight again the importance of ensuring that you have the necessary permission to upload photos to this website. I've had another email from Norman Dunn, claiming that several photos on this site were "stolen" from his website.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
The photo showing the Iona Club on Argyle Street is same view as one in my albums...
NOTE;
The photo I have posted is 'Not' taken from any other site.

Following phone calls from friends over the past few days, I think the person who 'complained' on this site needs to check out the link below.

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Good-Old-Town-of-Hebburn

I have been informed that a photo like the one shown has been posted on facebook pages..as have others. I am not a member of Facebook so I can't confirm how many other local photos have been posted.

Also I gather that families and individuals have sent old pics to Remember When in the local Chronicle.

When old photos were taken of local towns years ago they were sold sometimes to raise money for miners or churches etc;
Both Jarrow and Hebburn have a number of collectors of old views....I have been given a rough list by friends living in the area.
Admin Wrote:Every image on the web has some form of copyright, most as little as acknowledging the owner. There's no 'global' rule, each owner can set their own level of copyright. How and if they bother to enforce the copyright is another matter. So if copying an image, you should always check with the image owner first.

If the case of Goggle Earth, they simply require you not to remove their logo.

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=21422

Hi Paul, regarding the postcard images I have posted they are from a number of sources via family/friends etc.
So as not to infringe any copywright regulations...most post cards have been produced by either;
Valentine / Judges / Frith / N @ C series / Monarch/ Ruddock/ some only have a small ref number and no other details.

Collectors of postcards from around the World and Uk find that on Ebay you can buy them from say one pound to upward.
Frith sell great copies of images at a reasonable cost.
Other places you can purchase views are; Postcard Fairs/ Postcard Dealers/Postcard Auctions around the Uk.

www.sellpostcardsonebay.com

www.postcard.co.uk
(this link lists fairs and events to visit)

www.postcard-heaven.co.uk

Hope this helps others who like collecting postcards/stamps etc
I think I would take it as a compliment, if some one wanted to use any of my photos. They are some thing that is supposed to be enjoyed aren't they?Smile
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
hartman045 Wrote:People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stone, Dunne regularly posts copyright material on the Hebburn board from e-bay and the like.

(((However, I suspect this is merely a disguised attack on this site. Perhaps there are pics on here he hasn't got, and cannot get. ))))
I totally agree with hartmans post, Cait

My advice...ignore him.

Thank you for your posts Hartman, to say I have been upset and angry and very hurt at Dunns remarks. As have family and friends who like myself have past on images.

He seems to have forgotten that if it had not been for a number of private collectors in both Jarrow and Hebburn who worked hard over years gaining the 'Trust' of families and individuals, collecting/cleaning/taking images long since gone.
He would not have any images to show.

Cait
cant belive norman dunn like ,,he has bummed and begged all the fotos on the site he has ,,then he go's and sells the fotos on a dvd,,,,,i dont see him giving any of the profits to the peolpe who have donated these fotos,,there are a few of my friends that have donated fotos to the site,a lot of these fotos are from fathers and family members foto collections of there work and hobbys ,,what a nerv he has ,,i think hartman is rite its a bit of a go at the site,,,,,shame on you mr dunn!!!!!!
Cait Wrote:Thank you for your posts Hartman, to say I have been upset and angry and very hurt at Dunns remarks. As have family and friends who like myself have past on images.

He seems to have forgotten that if it had not been for a number of private collectors in both Jarrow and Hebburn who worked hard over years gaining the 'Trust' of families and individuals, collecting/cleaning/taking images long since gone.
He would not have any images to show.

Cait

Hi Paul
Just read on site that Andy from the old jarrow online site has complained to you about info/data from his site being used.....As I read the thread it was more than interesting, as you say your going to remove any links to Andys old site.

Considering all the pain and anger that another site owner caused my family and friends by claiming 'His' photos are being stolen and used on Jarrow Life.
I am still angry that a certain direct site link, is still posted within this thread on site...
While I have never lived in Jarrow, I felt I had been one of your early/loyal/supportive site members...and as I posted pics etc, that are from Family /Friends. I thought maybe....just maybe you would be deleting the link to 'Dunns' website.

You did forward me Dunns emails and he like Andy came across as rude and in Dunns case a bully...at the time of posting this message I still have had no apology to pass on to those who gave me pics to share with you and others on this site.
cheers Cait
Hi Paul ....*Sad this is the website link I mentioned in my other post....and wondering if this will be removed at the same time, as you remove any links to the old jarrow online site.

I may be wrong but its like certain website owners are not happy that you have a brilliant site, with great members. cheers Cait
Cait, Andy's site doesn't actually exists anymore, closed a few years ago but yes, I have removed all references.

You are one of the early members of this site and your loyalty and contributions are much appreciated by all. I've therefore removed the link to Norman's site (good idea).
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Admin Wrote:Cait, Andy's site doesn't actually exists anymore, closed a few years ago but yes, I have removed all references.
You are one of the early members of this site and your loyalty and contributions are much appreciated by all. I've therefore removed the link to Norman's site (good idea).

Sincere - Thank You -Paul