Uploading Photos
When uploading photos to this site, please ensure that you have the appropriate permission from the copyright owner to do so. If you intend to upload an image that you've downloaded from another website then you'll need to contact the website author and seek permission.

Please take this seriously as any infringement could quickly lead to this site being closed down.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
I've been asked if the same copyright rules apply to people using photos from this site and the answer is yes.

On this note, if you all want it, it may be possible to copy protect your photos on this site by adding a watermark to the image. If you would like to see this then let me know and I'll see what can be done.
Yes admin I would like mine copyrighted please. If anyone wants a copy then private message me and it will be no problem.
I've has several requests for adding a watermark so I've installed an add on that will do just that. The Jarrowlife.co.uk logo will appear on the bottom right of photos. The original photo isn't actually altered itself, the logo is super imposed on top of the original before it's displayed.

The add on doesn't allow individual users to turn the watermarking on/off, it's either on or off for all. I'm hoping to source an update that will allow users to choose but for now it's on for everyone.
Just read the post about watermarks, thats fine by me..so if you can do my photo albums Paul..cheers CaitSmile
Everybody's photos will now have the watermark Cait. Hopefully there'll be an update out in the future that will allow individual users to choose.
Admin Wrote:When uploading photos to this site, please ensure that you have the appropriate permission from the copyright owner to do so. If you intend to upload an image that you've downloaded from another website then you'll need to contact the website author and seek permission.

Please take this seriously as any infringement could quickly lead to this site being closed down.

Admin, does this include images from Google Earth, Bing maps and the like.
Birdman, it will 'stamp' any pictures in the users albums. The originals aren't actually amended so it can be turned of at any time, but it is a site setting.
I meant is there a copyright problem in uploading images I might have copied from Google earth and the like rather than scanned from a book or filched from another site.
Every image on the web has some form of copyright, most as little as acknowledging the owner. There's no 'global' rule, each owner can set their own level of copyright. How and if they bother to enforce the copyright is another matter. So if copying an image, you should always check with the image owner first.

If the case of Goggle Earth, they simply require you not to remove their logo.

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=21422