Twitter Account
Just added a Jarrow life Twitter account @jarrowlife
For those of you on Facebook, can you spread the message among your friends and ask them to forward it on. Many thanks @jarrowlife
I've set things up so new threads now auto post to the Twitter page. Cracking idea Jarraman.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
It's lonely being on there by meself. Wish we had some followers Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Could you explain more please Jarrowman?

Does that mean that every time I post on here, the message will be shown on Twitter and Facebook? I am not a member of either of these sites, and don't really want to be, and have no idea how they work. Thanks!
Hi Pat, Twitter is really just a place where you can get the news quicker.
Twitter is site for short quick messages. If you sign up to Twitter you can choose to 'follow' anyone on there (and hopefully us) which means you'll be notified of whenever these people make a post (know as a tweet).

As far as JarrowLife is concerned, new threads (not posts), will appear on the Twitter page as a link back to original thread. Basically, it's a way of spreading the word about this site and attracting more visitors.

Personally, I've never really got into Twitter, can't see what all the fuss is about but it is very popular.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Thankyou for the explanation. I THINK I get it!!

Sounds like a good idea for spreading the Jarrowlife site.
I must be very old fashioned because I am not happy with all this personal stuff spreading everywhere. It scares me.
Pat Wrote:Thankyou for the explanation. I THINK I get it!!

Sounds like a good idea for spreading the Jarrowlife site.
I must be very old fashioned because I am not happy with all this personal stuff spreading everywhere. It scares me.

I can't say I'm scared but I honestly can't see the point of the "haste". I don't need to know any quicker than if I look in each day or two to know what is on JarrowLife. That's just me of course.

I'm on Facebook but I'm not so enamoured by it. One point I would like to mention is that I never enter Facebook by a prompt from email. There are too many hackers sending me mails such as that my photo needs changing, my account needs updating, etc. all scam.

As for "tweeting", for me that is the wake up call from the eves of our house, in the sense of "I tought I saw a puddy tat a cweeping up on me". That would be our Alfie of course, all blessed 7 kilos of him.
Like others of the older generation I wont be joining Twitter because I was on facebook at one time and I had young lasses asking me to be their friend.
I spend enough time in front of a computer screen without joining in other activities.
Good luck if you think it will help the site.