Time to clean up????
I have just opened a thread and got a warning sign not to go further.

Isn't it time that this site was cleaned up a bit please?

There are an awful lot of "members" who obviously are not!!

It's so sad to see this site go down the tubes like it has.
(12 Sep 15, 3:34 PM)Pat Wrote:  I have just opened a thread and got a warning sign not to go further.

Isn't it time that this site was cleaned up a bit please?

There are an awful lot of "members" who obviously are not!!

It's so sad to see this site go down the tubes like it has.

Yes I agree Pat...It seems a shame theres no-pne posting now..
No-one is posting because the management have lost interest and the glitches with the site are not being addressed.

The promised new album has never materialised and folk cannot browse the old photo's, which was one of the attractions for new members. All the old school photo's have gone never to be seen again.

More than once I have mentioned the problem of not being able to reply to posts when using certain browsers. I can't do it and have to start a new post. There is nothing to put off new members from returning than the frustration of spending time writing a reply only for it all to disappear when you try to post it.

As Pat points out, too many so called "New Members" use the site for advertising . (in a foreign language which needs to be translated by Bing before it can be understood.)

I'll probably be banned now but it needed to be said. Jarrow folk want their site back with no time wasters and an album to show their photo's so that everyone knows what's happening locally. That was the original purpose the site was set up.  
I AGREE WITH YOU BIRDMAN!
This used to be a great site in my opinion.
No one seems to do anything with it any more.  It seems to be completely abandoned by moderators and Admin.
There's nothing on it any more to attract posters, new or old.
It would be nice to see it up and running properly again.

.............. and if you get banned for giving an opinion Birdman, well, that's one of the problems with the site!!!
Can't deny what's being said, I have neglected this site for some time now, mostly down to lack of time but I have felt for some time now that a forum site is becoming outdated.

Forums lack an inherit way of sharing photos (which a lot of users used to do on this site) and this is one of the main reasons I've spent many months experimenting with alternative software platforms.

It's very early days but I may have finally found some software I can see has potential for what I think a good community website should be. The software is called JomSocial and runs on the Joomla platform. Joomla has been around since 2005 so is a stable platform, JomSocial since 2008.

JomSocial is a bit like FaceBook with an activity stream, events, photos and has groups with their own streams, discussions and photos.

I've created a 2nd Jarrow site only yesterday, JarrowLife.uk, take a look, register and see what you think. It is very early days an I hadn't planned to announce anything for several weeks but I can see people are becoming very unhappy with this site.

Birdman, I'd never ban anyone for having their say, you've a fair point and you made it politely and I appreciate honest feedback.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Admin, I have just signed up to the new site and it's great. All the old photo's accumulated over the past five years are back. I haven't quite got the hang of it all just yet but I'll get there.

Sorry to have jumped the gun. Maybe a PM to some of the old regulars will get the ball rolling again on the new Jarrow site.
Hi Birdman, why would you be banned for saying what you feel.  I've just had a look round the new site and its much better than this one so hopefully things are looking up.  I got a bit bored on site after purging on average 20 spammer a day so this new site looks a lot fresher.  Nice to see you posting. Smile

Pat, I agree with you as well.   A new site and a lot fresher should get people joining and posting as well. Smile
Haven't looked at the new site yet.

Thankyou Admin. for taking time to reply and explain things. 
Birdman's idea sounds good to me.  Perhaps an email (or whatever) to all the old members would encourage them to take another look at the new Jarrowlife.
Admin...I've tried to sign up to the new look Jarrowlife.I've forgot my password and I tried sending for new one But It's saying my e-mail address Isn't valid don't know why....Thank's
(20 Sep 15, 3:47 PM)fisherman Wrote:  Admin...I've tried to sign up to the new look Jarrowlife.I've forgot my password and I tried sending for new one But It's saying my e-mail address Isn't valid don't know why....Thank's

I'm all sorted now Admin... Smile