The demise of the social club.
jarraman Wrote:Jarra lads usually would have took it with them :eyebrows:

I did, and like a true Jarra lead, necked it all first 2 nights.Wink
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
jarraman_1 Wrote:Admin would that be Tadcaster brown ale lol.

Nah, tis the good stuff mate. I'm limiting myself to 3 bottles in the club house and drink any more back in the caravan. Not drinking much anyway, not with the kids, just as well, at £3.75, couldn't afford to anyway!!!
Someone told me yesterday that the Park Rd (formerly Labour Club) social club is going to close down.

If this is true then another nail in the Coffin for our once vibrant social club scene.
I have been told the Hastings shut on Monday, don't know how true it is. :confused:

Update: Heard it may just be on the afternoons.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever
The Hastings as well? Looks like there's not going to be any left.:fear:
been told the ellison club is to close!!!!
jarraman Wrote:Someone told me yesterday that the Park Rd (formerly Labour Club) social club is going to close down.

If this is true then another nail in the Coffin for our once vibrant social club scene.
It's last night is Sunday night.

What's going on!?, the clubs are dropping like flies! This really sad news for Jarrow and I'm sure is gonna have an impact on the area. I only hope that some of these clubs can be 'resuscitated' once the recession is finally over.
Late now so bye to the Labour Club. Such a shame.
The clubs in Jarra were brilliant and the Deneside was one of the best.I have to say that, had my engagement party and wedding reception there.

Got pics of the footy 'smokers' too somewhere,will try dig them out.Never forget how the turns were rubbish but by 10pm noone cared and even started shouting for more Wink.

Anyways, in my opinion one of the biggest drawbacks was the clubs not allowing women on the committees back then and even more so now.They should have moved with the times to encourage the young ones of today to use them too.

My kids think nowt of paying in excess of £50 for a night out in Newcastle, more fool them I say but that is where they enjoy.

I know not Jarra as such but remember up the road....used to have a canny night out at the Dixielanders.