The demise of the social club.
One of the problems is the prices. I was home at the weekend and the cheapest I paid was £1.50 a pint and the most expensive was £2.20. I know they have to survive but in an area of high unemployment etc a price variation of 0.70p is quite a difference.
Bazza899 Wrote:One of the problems is the prices. I was home at the weekend and the cheapest I paid was £1.50 a pint and the most expensive was £2.20. I know they have to survive but in an area of high unemployment etc a price variation of 0.70p is quite a difference.

Bazza, is that difference within Jarrow? That's a huge variation, don't how the more expensive could possibly compete.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Take Newcastle for example. The Black Garter and Beehive open really early in the morning. They charge £1.45 a pint and the place is full by 10.30am.

Around the corner in Yates it's over £2 and the place is empty.

It's the same in Jarrow. Prince of Wales £1.89 for John Smiths. The Ben Lomond is very cheap also. Well over £2 in the Robin Hood. Ive never been in for several years but it was £2.08 the last time I was in.

Maybe someone will come up with the prices.

To be honest where would you drink in the current climate?
jarraman Wrote:Take Newcastle for example. The Black Garter and Beehive open really early in the morning. They charge £1.45 a pint and the place is full by 10.30am.

Around the corner in Yates it's over £2 and the place is empty.

It's the same in Jarrow. Prince of Wales £1.89 for John Smiths. The Ben Lomond is very cheap also. Well over £2 in the Robin Hood. Ive never been in for several years but it was £2.08 the last time I was in.

Maybe someone will come up with the prices.

To be honest where would you drink in the current climate?
Aroud £2-50 for beer and it was £2 - 65 for lager.some time abeer is on for £1-89.

£2.20 was John Smiths in Jarra Buffs used to be cheapest club in the area
jarraman Wrote:To be honest where would you drink in the current climate?

At home. Stock up at the supermarket and sit in the comfort of your own home with ya feet up.

You'd miss the friendly banter of your mates though that's one of the drawbacks of that, but if you have to sit at home anyway because you can't or wont pay pub prices, you might as well be happy.

The recession wont last forever, or so the politicians tell us. just sit it out.Better days are just round the corner. Rolleyes
I'll just drink in Murry's £1.50 a paint not to bad eh!
£3.75 for a bottle of Brown on this holiday park in Poole, I nearly passed out.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Jarra lads usually would have took it with them :eyebrows:
Admin would that be Tadcaster brown ale lol.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever