The Golden Fleece
I'd very much appreciate any photos anyone may have of the The Golden Fleece pub. My nanna, Betty Briggs, was the landlady there during the 70's (and 80's I think).

I've some very good memories of the place but sadly not one photo so I would appreciate (as would my mother) any photos anyone has please.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Here's a photo from Norman Dunns website

Attached Files
.jpg   Page 242 008.jpg (Size: 97.33 KB / Downloads: 64)

Lovely, thank you Ted.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
my nana and granda used to drink in there when i was a bairn. i remember john and jackie chance running it tooSmile
remember jhon and jackie chance, jackie was called butland before she wed,the pair used to ride around jarrow on a honda if i am not mistaken,her family were in the fish shop trade i think.
yes your right ch,jackie's parents owened butlands fish and chip shop in the precent,now the golden bull. john is related to my hubby through marraige.Wink
Hi Elizabeth my cousin is married to Johns brother.Havent seen John and Jackie for years.
hi flossie,john's mam theresa and my husbands aunty alice(greeves) were sisters.alice was married to joe taylor.my husbands dad john and joe were brothers.hope you can understand what ive written:confused: Wink
i still see jackie around jarrow precent,she still lives in the town centre,she has never changed,you would definatley reconise her in passingSmile
elizabeth Wrote:my nana and granda used to drink in there when i was a bairn. i remember john and jackie chance running it tooSmile

re golden fleece we lived in nearby spencer street it was my dad norman mcallisters local he used to drink with little Ronnie Stevenson.happy days.