The Cottage
remember that well the sally army on the corner,christmas eve,brought a lump to the throat,sadly no more for some reason,i thought you would have come out with being a rebel something like spiritulism ,good for you sticking with the christian theme.
Only the Gin spirit lol
nice one nessie50, lager drinker myself but luv a gin and tonic stay luckly ch.
Was favourite pub on trips home after joining Navy. Joined Navy at 16 so yes it must have been OK for the underage. Rare trips to the Neon with Dad whilst still at school. Seen my first ever colour TV in the bar there, Star Trek was on (original series of course)
Deckard Wrote:Was favourite pub on trips home after joining Navy. Joined Navy at 16 so yes it must have been OK for the underage. Rare trips to the Neon with Dad whilst still at school. Seen my first ever colour TV in the bar there, Star Trek was on (original series of course)

Had 3 pints in there at 15, Forge hammer called then!
crazy horse Wrote:remember that well the sally army on the corner,christmas eve,brought a lump to the throat,sadly no more for some reason,i thought you would have come out with being a rebel something like spiritulism ,good for you sticking with the christian theme.

I think the salvation army still play around the town at Christmas, as I remember last Christmas they were playing in hebburn shopping center, I for one love to hear them, it helps make the festive season, I remember as a child they used to go into every street and play carrols.
Our son was born 12 Dec & kept in hospital for a while, first day home the Sally Army played carols in our street (Stothard St) mega moment
Certainly did my first underage drinking in the Cottage. Landlord & Landlady were called Terry & June !
I remember Terry, he was also a welder in the shipyards if i remember correctly. He once barred me out .:argue:
canny bairn Wrote:I remember Terry, he was also a welder in the shipyards if i remember correctly. He once barred me out .:argue:

Yes he was. I think he barred many over the years !