The Allison Arms - The End. Photos and Video.
In tonight's Gazette:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local-news/bulldozers-begin-to-flatten-derelict-pub-1-4457116
jarraman Wrote:There's a demolition company emptying the inside when I past this morning.

I thought it was a listed building. Sad

bought my first pint in there when i was about 15,16 cost me 13 pence lol
[ATTACH]2685[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2686[/ATTACH]

The end of the Allison Arms. Thank you.

Click on a photo to enlarge.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF1094.JPG (Size: 285.74 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   DSCF1095.JPG (Size: 280.08 KB / Downloads: 9)
I took these photo's yesterday,Pic 1 & 2 rear of Allison Arm's,next 3 photo's are from front.Last 2 photo's speak for themselve's...These are the last photo's taken of this sign...

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0424.JPG (Size: 433.89 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   DSCF0427.JPG (Size: 431.98 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   DSCF0429.JPG (Size: 428.7 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   DSCF0432.JPG (Size: 386 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   DSCF0433.JPG (Size: 377.63 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   DSCF0425.JPG (Size: 305.34 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   DSCF0426.JPG (Size: 206.02 KB / Downloads: 16)
sad times have fallen upon us ,if the gouv were to stop taxing the beers and hit the supermarkets instead we would still have our traditional boozers ,ive lived down south for the past 20 years (bedfordshire). 4 pubs have closed in the past 2 years in my village.the working man cannot have the luxuary of having a pint after work without being ripped off :mad:
Agreed Andy. Can't see the social clubs lasting longer either.
andyg Wrote:sad times have fallen upon us ,if the gouv were to stop taxing the beers and hit the supermarkets instead we would still have our traditional boozers ,ive lived down south for the past 20 years (bedfordshire). 4 pubs have closed in the past 2 years in my village.the working man cannot have the luxuary of having a pint after work without being ripped off :mad:
I think that the publicans did a valuable job in policing who got the alchohol too. It's so easy for youngsters to get it these days. I was over 18 when I first went into the Queen's Head in Monkton Rd and I was still terrified in case someone told me' Dad!
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Did anyone get their Sunday dinner in the Allison when Mick had it?

Not many places do a good dinner now.

This could be a new thread
was at a wedding do a couple of months ago jarraman,at the irish centre in newcastle,who was behind the bar but mick lyndsey himself.
Just been looking on Internet about pub's In Jarrow,I come across these name's....Hall's Dock..(Curlew Road).Hive Inn,(Straker Street) and a pub called Waterman's Arm's..