The Allison Arms - The End. Photos and Video.
There's a demolition company emptying the inside when I past this morning.

I thought it was a listed building. Sad
Hi i wonder how long it has been there my dad used to drink there in 1955 MEL T
Mel T Wrote:Hi i wonder how long it has been there my dad used to drink there in 1955 MEL T
Venerable Bede drank there!
cracking pub when vince dingwall had it
I think it was advertised as office space to rent recently? Hopefully it's just someone new moving in! I went to school with Christine Eglintine, whose parents were tenants there in the 60s I think, and the Golden Lion in Walter St. Memory might be a bit hazy but someone may remember them?
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
Tilly Wrote:I think it was advertised as office space to rent recently? Hopefully it's just someone new moving in! I went to school with Christine Eglintine, whose parents were tenants there in the 60s I think, and the Golden Lion in Walter St. Memory might be a bit hazy but someone may remember them?

Hi Tilly, you might be getting mixed up with the Alkali which is office space now
Went past today. Definately getting pulled down. Will get some pics up.
What a disgrace it was a great pub.Had me Silver wedding there what a night we had.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

jarraman Wrote:Went past today. Definately getting pulled down. Will get some pics up.
Sorry to hear that, mustn't be listed then? Many lunchtime birthday celebrations were held in there by people who worked on the trading estate years ago. We used to go to the Alkali, nice beefburgers and a lemon and lime... honest!Big Grin
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, nothing but happiness come through your door.
what a bloody shame !!!