The 2 Toms
Here is a cracking video of Tommy Mullen & Tommy Rowen who were known as the 2 Toms.

One of them has sadly passed although not sure which one or both.

It's on youtube so out of respect I would invite members to view it.

Jarrow at it's finest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxvDu1rdhA
Enjoyed that...There's also a lady on this video who Is sadly no longer with us,She used to live In Simonside View.Sorry don't want to name her on site.
My mam would've loved that SadSad
I think I recognize the lady dancing in the last song Smile
I'm having a nostalgic night in front of the computer, first Ted's film from the 50's and to top it off being entertained by the Two Toms. Bring it on.
jarraman Wrote:Here is a cracking video of Tommy Mullen & Tommy Rowen who were known as the 2 Toms.

One of them has sadly passed although not sure which one or both.

It's on youtube so out of respect I would invite members to view it.

Jarrow at it's finest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxvDu1rdhA
It's Tommy Mullen who has just passed away.(The Gentleman at the start of video),My thought's are with his family at this sad time.
brilliant jarra at its best
Remember Tommy Mullen well. Was engaged to his daughter Kathleen for a while. He had 4 sons and 2 daughters.Vincent, David,John,and Tom. He was a Dunkirk veteran I think. A real Gent.My kindest regards to the family.Hi Kathleen if you read this.
Wink
Jarra tom Wrote:Remember Tommy Mullen well. Was engaged to his daughter Kathleen for a while. He had 4 sons and 2 daughters.Vincent, David,John,and Tom. He was a Dunkirk veteran I think. A real Gent.My kindest regards to the family.Hi Kathleen if you read this.
Wink

Hi Jarra Tom. I posted in another thread, not sure if you seen it. Tommy Mullen was my Grandad. Lovely to hear what you had to say about him. You summed him up perfectly "real gent". He was indeed a Dunkirk war veteran :o. He actually had 7 sons and daughters in total: Sheila, Thomas, Vincent, David, Terry (me owld man), Kathleen and Jean. Sadly, Thomas and Jean are no longer with us. Both passed away before I was born.

My auntie Kathleen is doing great. If you'd like me to pass a message on, feel free to drop me a message.

Those interested, my Grandad wrote a few novels including the one about the two toms. One on which was his life story. It's available in Jarrow Library I do believe. It's a lovely read. A lot of it is about when he was a young lad growing up in Jarrow and also a lot about the 2nd world war, including the beaches of Dunkirk.

Sadly, he passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 92.

I'm over the moon that there's a thread on him and Tommy Rowan here. I'm glad you all have fond memories of him :o.

Chris.
Apologies, forgot about Terry. Great bunch of guys. Vincent was the hard one ( probably still is) David the bright one, Tom in the Army, and young Terry. Used to babysit for Shiela. Jean was a nice kid. Kathleen a stunner.
Remember them all, Especially Kathleen. Would be pleased if you give her my regards.
Tommy was well regarded so am not surprised he has a thread here. So many people knew them both. He came to our house once and was such a gent to my mum, who has also gone sadly. Really great to hear from you Chris. Say hello to Terry as well.
I live in New Zealand now. Have been here since 1989. Having a few earthquakes at the moment so nerves are a little frayed. No damage to us but closer to where it began is a mess. No one hurt thank God. Early Spring here and Summer on its way so should take peoples minds off for a while.
hope your summer has been a good one, regards, Tom.
Thanks Tom. Glad you are well. Lots of earthquakes where you are as we noticed. Nice of you to pop in now and again. Take care.