Taylor
I.m researching my wifes family.Trying to find details of Joseph taylor born 1892 .His fathers name is george Taylor.Joseph married Jane wheatley born 1896 Father Thomas wheatley at St mary's Heworth in February 1917.George Taylor was a labourer and Thomas wheatley was a carpenter.Any help would be appreciated.In 1917 they all lived at 18 Heworth ave.Pelaw.In the 1881 census there's a George taylor living at42 waggonway rd Heworth

Where? was Joseph Taylor born in 1892 ..................
Heworth I think.

Could not find any Joseph Taylor born about 1892 Heworth (Gateshead) on the 1901 census

The only Joseph Taylor born about 1892 with a father George for either Durham or Northumberland on the 1901 census is this one:
1901 Census
5 Benson Street West Hartlepool
George Taylor age 29 Shipyard Labourer born Southampton Hampshire
Ellen Taylor wife age 27 born Middlesbrough Yorks
Joseph Taylor son age 8 born Hartlepool
Patrick Kelly father in law a widower age 70 Bricklayers Labourer born Crosmalina? Ireland
(note there is a Crossmolina near Ballina in County Mayo in Ireland)
(So obviously George Taylor’s wife was a Kelly)

The only match on the whole of FreeBMD for the whole of the country is:
George Taylor married Ellen Kelly 1900? in Hartlepool (was she his 2nd wife?)

The 3 (George, Ellen and Joseph are still in Hartlepool on the 1911 census)

(bit info: on the census the relationship of persons in the household is to to the head of the houshold i.e. son is son of the head of the household - so not necessarily the son of the heads wife) .............
Thanks for that JP.

Got the Taylors sorted I think JP.Joseph was born in Alverstoke near gosport.George's first wife was either Harriet hill or Maria cooper.I'll have to spend some cash now for the certificates.:mad:

So it's Joseph James Taylor born 1892 in Alverstoke not Joseph Taylor born 1891 in Hartlepool
That must be in error on the 1901 census, Joseph Taylor born Hartlepool then
His father George married in Alverstoke in 1891 (Maria Louisa Cooper or Harriett Sarah Hill)

Yes the certs will sort it out
You don't want to be buying half a dozen of them till you find the right one do you?

Joseph's birth cert 1892 in Alverstoke will tell you his father was George and the mother was Maria or Harriet
If not?
I would then try the birth cert for Joseph Taylor born 1891 in Hartlepool .............
hows about the joseph taylor born in Hebburn 1892? in the 1901 census.could you give him a try please:o

tedg Wrote:hows about the joseph taylor born in Hebburn 1892? in the 1901 census.could you give him a try please:o

Can't find a Joseph Taylor born Hebburn about 1892 on the 1901 census? (using ancestry.com)

Yes I know on the 1901 Census Online it has a Joseph Taylor age 9 born Hebburn and living Hebburn

Only way is to pay for it?
Yes it could be an error (as happens now and then)
But that's the price you pay once you start tracing the ancestors
As I found out many a time paying out for the wrong one

Ted what info does it give on his birth cert?
Thats the problem I don't have enough info to locate his birth.Itried to find his death but thre info from thr family is that he either died at the age of 37 or in 1937.nothing comes up on the bmd sites.Thanks for your help though much appreciated.