Swan's injuries
I took a photo of this Swan in a smaller pond just off Big Waters. There was about ten days between the photo's. I wonder how the injury was caused.

Attached Files
.jpg   big waters 024.jpg (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   big w 020.jpg (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 16)
There was a pair of swans in the primrose nature reserve last year.One of them held it's leg like this.Could be the same pair.They built a nest but deserted it.I think Fisherman had a pic of it on here.

tedg Wrote:There was a pair of swans in the primrose nature reserve last year.One of them held it's leg like this.Could be the same pair.They built a nest but deserted it.I think Fisherman had a pic of it on here.
Tedg, the reason I showed the two photo's was the injury to the Swan wasn't there ten days earlier. It was a recent injury.
The Adventurer Wrote:Tedg, the reason I showed the two photo's was the injury to the Swan wasn't there ten days earlier. It was a recent injury.
This must be a leg thing with swans .I took these on Friday at Ruswarp just outside of Whitby.The cygnet was paddling about With one leg across it's back. The adult swan had been swimming normally.Then when it came round again it had it's leg tucked in under it's wing.Maybe it's like when we cross our legs when we are relaxing Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin.I put the goose in cos He was such a poser.Big GrinBig Grin

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF3335_1024x768.jpg (Size: 83.21 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   DSCF3342_1024x768.jpg (Size: 69.24 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   DSCF3334_1024x768.jpg (Size: 55.73 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   DSCF3339_1024x768.jpg (Size: 178.76 KB / Downloads: 12)