St Matthews to St. Bedes.
Welcome to the site Pauline, this thread is getting interesting keep it going . Smile
mad_geordie Wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm clue is in my name....mad Big Grin. We have had many a drink together. We have not seen each other for a while, but when we do its as if no time has passed. Compared to YOU... I am shy :peace: Wink
Sorry you've got me stumped. Most of the people I know are 'mad' lol & I can't recall anyone called Geordie at St Matthew's (If that's your name)
As for the drinking... I never touch a drop Rolleyes
Jarrowlass Wrote:Welcome to the site Pauline, this thread is getting interesting keep it going . Smile
Thanks Jarrowlass Smile
Pauline M Wrote:As for the drinking... I never touch a drop Rolleyes

Ohhhhhh how could you, a good catholic girl like you .. tut tut. If you were back in school it would be 10 Hail Marys. We were not in same school. You are MUCH older than me :heh: .

A few of these :flypig: just flew past my window Pauline M.
You know me very well.

This should give game away...you know my hubby too
mad_geordie Wrote:Ohhhhhh how could you, a good catholic girl like you .. tut tut. If you were back in school it would be 10 Hail Marys. We were not in same school. You are MUCH older than me :heh: .

A few of these :flypig: just flew past my window Pauline M.
You know me very well.

This should give game away...you know my hubby too

Are your initials R O ???
Pauline M Wrote:Are your initials R O ???

Blue Peter badge to Pauline :wave:

Say the above quick and it could be arse hole , still fits me Wink:p

How are you all?

Btw, just as well you realised who it was....next clue would have been an old photograph of you....Big Grin..j/k
mad_geordie Wrote:Blue Peter badge to Pauline :wave:

Say the above quick and it could be arse hole , still fits me Wink:p

How are you all?

Btw, just as well you realised who it was....next clue would have been an old photograph of you....Big Grin..j/k

You had a distinct advantage cos of me photo lol
I had to search the site for clues :party:
We're all fine thanks - how are your lot??
Moved this chat to here Pauline so as not to take this one off topic re school memories .... see you there Wink
Thaks Admin
well a good response thanks ,Pauline M.
Some other teachers from St Matthews,Mr. Johnson, Mr. Hills, Miss Kelly,Mrs. Gatens and Mrs. Atkinson who looked after the playground.I left in 1969 and played for the football team.Nellie Finegan used to hit you across the knuckles with a thick black pencil if you wre naughty but she also had a little musical box which played happy birthday and you got your turn on your b'day

Anybody got anything on St. Bede's early seventies?.
Crofter Wrote:I have been to both of these schools but perhaps not the ones you expect.I was born in the centre of Jarrow, and started school at St.Bedes infant school in 1947.This was attached to St.Bedes church and has long since been demolished.Approx.1949 we moved to Bilton Hall Est.and I went to Finchale Tce. a.k.a cardboard city.My final teacher here was Miss Skelly.The headmistress Molly Finnigan had her desk in our classrom and missed nothing.In 1954 we were all moved to the new school in Durham Grove along with the girls from Belsfield.My teacher here was Nellie Finnigan(Mollies sister)I was convinced she disliked us boys.My conection with Jarrow catholic schools then ended.Sorry to go on a bit,but you asked for some response.Smile
Thanks Crofter,your a little older than me. In hindsight i was not impressed with the catholic side of my education.Still got some great memories though.